The No. 16 University of Utah Football team is scheduled to host the California Golden Bears on Saturday, October 14 for its fourth home game of the season. The game is set for a 1 pm MT kick-off at Rice-Eccles Stadium, which will be televised on Pac-12 Networks.
Fans can get behind-the-scenes looks and live updates throughout the 2023 season on social media and online at www.UtahUtes.com. The Utes are active on Twitter (@Utah_Football), Instagram (@UtahFootball), Threads (@UtahFootball), Facebook (search Utah Football) and TikTok (@Utah_Football).
HOME SWEET HOME
Utah is 115-36 (.761) at Rice-Eccles Stadium (1998-present) and 87-25 at RES during the Kyle Whittingham era.
• The Utes have five undefeated home seasons under Whittingham (2022, 6-0; 2021, 6-0; 2019, 7-0; 2009, 6-0; 2008, 6-0) in which the Utes won 27 of their last 28 home games, including a 17-game hitting streak (Dec. 5, 2020-present).
• This is the second-longest hitting streak of the Whittingham season with the longest hitting streak coming on Sept. 15, 2007 to October 23, 2010 (21 games).
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium for 79 consecutive games, dating back to the 2010 season opener.
• Head Coach Kyle Whittingham is set to coach his 360th overall game at Utah and his 234th as a head coach on Saturday.
• Utah leads the Pac-12 in first downs defense, third-down defense, and scoring defense.
• Utah ranks sixth in the FBS and first in the Pac-12 in time of possession (33:34).
• The Utes are 16-4 in conference games since 2021.
UTAH FOOTBALL: MUST KNOW
• Utah is currently ranked 16th in the AP and Coaches polls, marking the 28th straight week the Utes have been ranked in the Top 25 in both polls – which also includes 14 consecutive weeks in the top 15 (Oct. 16, 2022, to September 24, 2023).
• Through five games in 2023, Utah leads the Pac-12 in 11 different statistical categories.
• Utah is allowing just 67.0 rushing yards per game, ranking third in the FBS.
• The Utes have committed just three turnovers this season, which is tied for fourth in the FBS.
• Head coach Kyle Whittingham (19th year) is the longest-tenured coach in the Pac-12 and the second longest-tenured coach at the same FBS school.
• The Utes have posted a winning record in nine straight seasons, dating back to 2014. Utah has had a winning season in 16 of Whittingham’s 18 years as head coach.
• Utah is the third team in Pac-12 Conference history to win back-to-back conference championship games (2021, 2022).