At least 32 people were drunk after eating in a hotel restaurant near Rincón de Guayabitos in the municipality of Compostela.
José Francisco Munguía Perez, head of the Nayarit Ministry of Health, reported that on Saturday, September 2, a report was presented to the Secretary of State for Citizen Safety and Protection about people who had physical ailments in the facility.
For this reason, the area of sanitary regulations of the Jurisdiction 2 of Compostela has been instructed to do this The staff will move there and inform the health services of the situation.
Authorities found that 32 people of various ages and sexes were intoxicated and were taken to Peñita Jaltemba Health Center and IMSS Bienestar de Las Varas Basic Community Hospital for treatment.
Munguía ruled out serious cases but stressed that those affected need treatment and stabilization. Aside from that, At least ten people remained in the hospital until Sunday noon.
The authorities have shut down the facility
Members of the Nayarit State Health Risk Protection Commission then went to the hotel to collect laboratory samples from the restaurant.
The head of the state health secretariat indicated that results on the probable cause or pathogen that caused the poisoning are still awaited. While, The facility’s activities have ceased.
Munguía said it’s probably one based on the clinical features Gastrointestinal pathogen known as “Shigellosis” This leads to fever and malaise in the affected person.
Your browser does not support iframes
You might be interested > At least a hundred people have been poisoned by cake in Aguascalientes