Air conditioning can cause shakiness, cough or dry skin.
Surprisingly, air conditioning systems are being installed in regions and countries where it was never needed.
it is one of effects of climate change and increase in the temperature of the earth: at certain times it becomes difficult to be on the street and home without air conditioning It is also not the place to get the desired freshness. But these facilities and equipment can affect health. if they are not used properly.
How does air conditioning affect health?
1. It can cause cough
Lungs can suffer from persistent exposed to cold air But due to sudden change in temperature while going out there is also a lot of heat. This happens, above all, if there is a A gap of more than 5º between your house and the street.
it makes a sudden change thin layer of liquid airway lining evaporate more quickly what has been changed because of Dryness, burning and cough.
2. Dry skin and eyes
If the environment becomes drier, one of the consequences of using air conditioning can cause you dry skin and eyes even one Conjunctivitis Because the tear film of the eye changes. To avoid this:
- Hydrate enough. Keep in mind that the feeling of freshness will reduce your urge to drink water.
- avoid high wind speed Modifying it with the remote control.
- don’t smoke inside From home
3. Contractions and Headaches
If the flow of cold air is directed towards where you are, it is most likely that You shrug your shoulders at the end You stay like this for many hours without knowing it.
that can make you contracture that, in addition to intense pain, prevents you from moving freely; And headache too. avoid it lay the slats horizontally Where the air comes out, as parallel to the ceiling and not to the floor as possible.
Don’t make the mistake of putting it on a very low temperature (at 18º) when you get home. machine will blow out a lot of air at first To get to what you marked, and in a matter of minutes you’ll be cold. Set the thermostat to about 22º.
4. sleep disturbance
A study by Toyohashi University of Technology (Japan) showed that sleeping with air conditioning on Alters the quality of sleep.
The researchers found that wind affects comfort even when it is so low that it is not clearly noticeable.
According to the data collected by them, the people participating in the research they went more and more suddenly in bed Every time the wind was connected. This is due to the device automatically achieving a constant temperature.
In addition, they found that the wind not only produced more subtle stimuli, but slightly increased heart rate (Heartbeat). This can wake up some people a increased blood pressure if they had fallen asleep bridge all night and without wind Air conditioned.
What health problems can air conditioning cause?
- Lung diseases or asthma. If you are suffering from any of these types of diseases, it is better to ventilate the house without using air conditioning. And as long as you’ve connected it, breathe through your nose, not your mouth.
- dry eye, In the case of dry eyes, air conditioners worsen the pathology because they make the environment too dry. Using artificial tears, blinking frequently, and maintaining proper humidity in the environment with a humidifier can help.
- Headache, Very cold air conditioning constricts blood vessels and can make migraines worse.
Tips for using the air conditioner well
The first and most important step is clean the filter and water outlet. If it has accumulated, may be fungus will then be filtered into the air you are passing breathe,
External drives should always be checked and handled by a professional, however you can remove dust from grates with a brush.
The last change in electricity bill, With varying prices for time slots, they make it even more important to make good use of our air conditioning equipment.
If You’re Going To Buy One, Try To Make It As efficient as possible. You’ll see this marked with a scale of colored stripes that go from A (in green, and which is maximum) to G (in red, lowest).
And if you already have one, follow these four tips:
- Please clean the filter before plugging it in. Set an alarm to clean them at least every two weeks, vacuum or wash them with soapy water, never with a brush, as they can crack. Let them dry in the shade.
- Keep it at a constant temperature. If you don’t want to receive an astronomical bill, try not to change your air conditioning’s thermostat too much. Consumption and bill increase when you increase and decrease it continuously. Keep it between 21º and 24º.
- not automatically. It may seem that automatic mode is ideal, but it is not: it will try to maintain a constant temperature, which means that when the room gets too cold, it will heat it back up to maintain the original temperature. Will give And vice versa if the room is very hot. Each of those adjustments will cost a lot.
- close the doors. If empty rooms are open (eg bathroom and kitchen), there will be no rest points where you are.