There are a series of very basic tricks that probably not everyone knows, that can be very useful to extend the life of your smartphone to such an extent that you can make it feel almost like new. Having a functional smartphone can sometimes require a considerable investment. Especially if we want a terminal that can be considered high-end.
The ultimate irony comes when we painstakingly get that phone and then a year or two later it starts lagging behind in terms of technical specifications and ability to support the latest versions of mobile operating systems.
On average, after a gap of four or five years our smartphone will start to feel slow, behind the cutting edge, not as operational as it was in the beginning.
Starting from the same principle as planned obsolescence, there are several factors behind this. But there are several measures we can implement to improve our experience with a new cell phone.
Five tricks to make an old Android phone feel like new without breaking the bank
We can say that there are generally five basic tips or tricks that enable us to maintain our smartphone with minimal maintenance, improve its efficiency and with this we aspire to extend its useful life.
Without relative order of importance due to succession or place on the list, these are our general recommendations:
- Clear storage and memory. If you have a good habit of deleting photos, videos and other files that take up a lot of space, your device will always run smoother. Clearing the phone’s cache can be a moot point, as well as temporary data and junk files that can slow down the device.
- Replace screen protectors and renew phone cases. Sometimes the simple act of replacing this couple of accessories completely changes the face of the device and makes it like new.
- Change wallpaper. It’s purely aesthetic, but it doesn’t hurt to feel like you have a new smartphone in your hands.
- Update to the latest stable version of Android. Sometimes updating your cell phone may slow it down but we should not avoid this habit as security patches and bug fixes of operating system are important for good user experience.
- Download a Launcher. Launchers allow you to customize widgets, app drawers, and the overall home screen experience. All you have to do is choose one that isn’t too demanding on memory, like Nova Launcher.
These tricks can help you revive an old Android phone and make it faster and more fun to use.