“The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.” (Socrates)
1. Modernize the economy: a new productive export model, a complete transformation of the productive economic model.
“We will modernize all the methods and techniques to create national wealth and consolidate economic diversity in the face of a new export model,” he emphasized.
2. Full freedom: The second change will focus on full freedom, which consists of “updating and expanding the Bolivarian doctrine in its political, scientific, cultural, educational, and technological dimensions.”
“Educational progress must come—a new Venezuela in science, in technology, in culture,” he pointed out.
3. Peace, security, and territorial integrity: proposed by President Maduro as the third line of work, perfecting the model of accompanying citizens, guaranteeing justice, enjoying human rights, and protecting social peace and territory.
As part of this point, President Maduro explained the need to guarantee the defense and development of Guayana Esequiba, focusing on the work plan promoted in December after the consultative referendum.
4. Social: The fourth change, as stated by President Maduro, will be focused on the social sector, so the general change of the humanist protection model will be key.
“We must accelerate the recovery of our welfare state, its missions, and major missions, strengthening the values of Venezuelan socialism,” he said.
5. Politics: The Fifth Amendment focuses on politics, so it encourages us to consolidate “our direct democracy with republican ethics.”
6. Ecology: The sixth change will be focused on the ecological area and its fight against the climate crisis, a fundamental element of the Plan of the Homeland, promoted by Commander Hugo Chávez.
“We must fight the climate crisis, raise awareness, and protect people from the impact of the environment, as well as the Amazon and all our natural reserves, from the madness of predatory capitalism,” he stressed.
7. Geopolitics: The last line of work is geopolitical transformation. For this reason, the President of the Republic proposes the inclusion and leadership of Venezuela in the new world configuration, as well as reiterating the importance of formal entry into the Brics bloc.