Cultural and nature circuit, best shopping malls and restaurants.
on the other side of the mountain range, surrounded by mountains Santiago de ChileThe city is chosen by Argentines to make a long weekend getaway or stay for a few days before continuing their journey to other destinations in the neighboring country, such as the beaches, the desert or Patagonia.
Chile’s capital offers a variety of options For its visitors: cultural circuit, nature, gastronomy and shopping experiences. A combo that invites you to plan your stay and not miss anything.
what to do in santiago
Merging it with nature is one of the most beautiful things about this city Santa Lucia Hill This is an essential stop for those looking for a quiet environment, to be on the move and to be surprised by architecture,
Traversing a path that rises and is full of greenery, you reach Hidalgo Castle, the Neptuno Terrace with its beautiful water fountain, the Capolican Terrace, the warlord of Benjamin Vicuña Maceña (a prominent lawyer, politician, writer and historian) Can reach and reach. top, where there is a small tower from where you can get bird’s eye view of the city,
there is another option Metropolitan ParkThe largest in Santiago with more than 700 hectares, where there are all kinds of activities. there you can take cable car – which leads to the top at a thousand meters above sea level – or the funicular, follow the various trails, visit the Mirador de la Virgen, the Japanese Garden, the Adventure Park or the public pool.
already in hub From Santiago, another indispensable walk to learn about its history and main buildings is to start from the Plaza de Armas, going through the Cathedral, the Municipality, the National Post Office and visiting the National Historical Museum, which houses the archaeological collection, Paintings are curiosities and things of the past.
few steps away Museum of Pre-Columbian ArtIt is possible to visit the Palacio de la Moneda, the Stock Exchange, the Municipal Theater, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Forest Park with its beautiful fountains and statues, the Plaza Italia, and crossing the Bellavista neighborhood, La Chascona, Pablo Neruda House Museum Between 1955 and 1973 the poet was inspired by the ship he lived with his third wife.
Another activity very popular in Santiago is Purchase Because of the quantity and variety of brands that exist. Some of the recommended places to go shopping are: Parque Arauco in Las Condes; the Costanera Center, with its large tower in Providencia; Upper Las Condes; Casacostanera, with charming spots for coffee or lunch.
loss more boys They enjoy a walk through the Mall Sport, where there is entertainment, such as climbing, trampoline, skate, scooter or BMX exercises, and in the summer, diving and surfing classes in the pool with artificial waves. In addition, for children there is KidZania, a miniature city park, and the Mirador MIM interactive museum of applied science.
where to eat
Santiago de Chile offers a very varied gastronomy, with different flavors and contrasts, that leaves even most demanding palates,
Some suggested places are:
- El Rincón Quirihuano is located in O’Higgins Park, a family grillWhere you can taste premium meats in various preparations: tenderloin, chicken, grilled ribs and sausages.
- Veneno Negro was born as a food truck, and then opened its doors in a salon in Barrio Italia, Providencia. provides a letter that changes seasonally Signature dishes, such as smoked fish churros, accompany excellent cocktails with recurring specialties (their bartender specializes in pisco sours).
- Cachapas Don 70 on Boulevard Patio Bellavista is con Venezuelan cuisine Which offers classic technos, arepas and petcones.
- Also located in Galleria Dorian Bellavista is much more than a restaurant an experience in itselfas drag queens, jugglers, cloth acrobats parade among its tables, among other surprises that await the visitor.
- DeRaíz opened its doors during the pandemic to deliver on Andres Fanzalida Street in the Providencia neighborhood, and it was such a success that a few months ago they decided get dinerWith the kitchen in charge of Kurt Schmidt, chef of the famed 99 restaurant.
- In the beautiful Las Condes commune, near the Manquehue metro, Puro Flavor to Taste is inaugurated smoked meatTacos and hamburgers, prawns baked in garlic, butter and wine.
- Nueva Costanera Aqui Esta Cocoa reopens its doors thanks to its excellent offer seafood kitchenCrabs, sea urchins and oysters.
request vaccination certificate Issued in the country where the visitor was vaccinated. If the traveler does not have the vaccination plan of his country, he must submit a negative result in a test pcr Maximum 48 hours from departure. Those under the age of 18 are exempt from the requirement to enter Chile.