MIAMI, September 15 (WNN) — Aaron Jones, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffrey, Nick Chubb and Alvin Kamara top my Week 2 Fantasy Football running back rankings for 2021.
Dalvin Cook, Chris Carson, Derrick Henry, David Montgomery and Austin Eckler round out my top 10 picks for Week 2.
Melvin Gordon, Chase Edmonds, Jamal Williams and Latvius Murray are among the other running backs to consider for your Week 2 lineup.
There are many other running backs available this week with great matchups apart from the elite names. Try to find a player who gets goals in a lot of career, passing games or goal line work and has a good Week 2 matchup.
Green Bay Packers star Aaron Jones is my No. 1 running back for Week 2. The Packers struggled in offense Week 1, but should blow up the Detroit Lions in Green Bay, Wis., on Sunday.
The Lions allowed the most fantasy points last season to run back and the fourth most fantasy points into position last week when they faced the San Francisco 49ers.
Jones covered 236 yards from scrimmages and three touchdowns in his first game against the Lions last season. He must reach the end field at least once and eclipse 120 yards again at Lambeau Field on Sunday.
Running back the Cincinnati Bengals, Joe Mixon covered 127 yards and scored 29 in a Week 1 win over the Minnesota Vikings. This weekend, the Bengals face the Chicago Bears.
The Bears scored 87 yards from the scrimmage and stunned Darrell Henderson last week to give the Los Angeles Rams a score. Mixon is expected to reach the end zone and approach 30 again this week.
That’s my number 2 running back for week 2.
Melvin Gordon of the Denver Broncos finished fourth in fantasy points in Week 1, scoring 118 yards from scrimmage and 14 touches in a win over the New York Giants.
He should award RB2 value this week when the Broncos fight the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars last season allowed the third-most fantasy point run behind and allowed a score of 85 yards and a 26-carry to Mark Ingram in Week 1.
Gordon should get a ton of work done again this Sunday. That position is my No. 16 option and can be used as a low-end RB2 or Flex.
Chase Edmonds is my No. 21 choice for the Arizona Cardinals Week 2 running back. The Cardinals face the Minnesota Vikings.
Edmonds eclipsed 100 yards from the Cardinals’ win over the Tennessee Titans in Week 1. Watch the Cardinals come close to 100 yards from scrimmage once again against this struggling unit.
The Detroit Lions, trailing D’Andre Swift and Jamal Williams, took 100 yards from the scrimmage and scored in Week 1. I hope Williams continues to work with Swift in this backfield.
Williams could be used as a low-end RB2 this week and is ranked 27th in my rankings. Lions will face Green Bay Packers. I expect the Packers to win this game, but the Lions will likely try to keep Aaron Rodgers off the field, using Williams and Swift to control the game flow.
Williams must gain at least 80 yards from scrimmage and has a great chance of scoring in Week 2.
Latvius Murray sits at No. 2 on the Baltimore Ravens running back depth chart, but should receive an increase in workload as he practices more with his new team.
He led the Ravens backfield to 10 losses in one week to the Las Vegas Raiders. This week, the Ravens will face the Kansas City Chiefs. I hope the Ravens give Murray even more work after his second full week of practice.
Look at least 75 yards from the scrimmage on a potential goal-line score from this veteran in Week 2.
week 2 fantasy football running back rankings
1. Aaron Jones, Green Bay Packers vs DET
2. Joe Mixon, CHI . in Cincinnati Bengals
3. Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers vs. NO
4. Nick Chubb, Cleveland Browns vs. HOU
5. Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints at CAR
6. Dalvin Cook, Minnesota Vikings ARI. In
7. Chris Carson, Seattle Seahawks vs TN
8. Derrick Henry, Tennessee Titans at SEA
9. David Montgomery, Chicago Bears vs. CIN
10. Austin Eckler, Los Angeles Chargers v. Dals
11. Naji Harris, Pittsburgh Steelers v. LV
12. Jonathan Taylor, Indianapolis Colts vs. LAR
13. Antonio Gibson, Washington Football Team vs. NYG
14. Detroit Lions at D’Andre Swift, GB
15. Darrell Henderson, Los Angeles Rams, IND
16. Denver Broncos at Melvin Gordon, JAX – LIKE
17. Damien Harris, New England Patriots at NYJ
18. Miles Sanders, Philadelphia Eagles v SF
19. Clyde Edwards-Heller, Kansas City Chiefs in Balo
20. Eliza Mitchell, 49ers at the San Francisco PHI
21. Chase Edmonds, Arizona Cardinals v. Min.
22. Dallas Cowboys at Ezekiel Elliott, LAC
23. James Robinson, Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Danes
24. Kareem Hunt, Cleveland Browns v HOU
25. Leonard Fournette, Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. AT
26. Saxon Barclay, WAS . in New York Giants
27. Detroit Lions in Jamal Williams, GB
28. Latvius Murray, Baltimore Ravens v. Casey
29. Miles Gaskins, Miami Dolphins vs BUF
30. Tyson Williams, Baltimore Ravens vs. Casey