- Advertisement -spot_img
Tuesday, January 25, 2022

According to the lawyer, Alec Baldwin will hand over the phone to investigators this week.

Alec Baldwin’s lawyer said Thursday that the actor will turn over his cell phone “this week” to authorities investigating his fatal murder of a cameraman on the set of Rust, nearly a month after detectives received a search warrant. device.

The commitment came hours after the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office, which is investigating the shooting, released a statement specifically noting that the warrant was received on December 16, but “to date, the mobile phone has not been turned over to authorities.” “

Mr. Baldwin’s lawyer, Aaron Dyer, said in a statement that he and his client reached an agreement with officials in Santa Fe County over the weekend regarding the actor’s phone and that they are finalizing logistics with authorities in New York, where Mr. n Baldwin has a house.

“Following this tragic incident, Mr. Baldwin continues to cooperate with the authorities, and any suggestion to the contrary is simply not true,” Mr. Dyer said in a statement. “We have requested a warrant from the authorities so that we can protect his privacy on other matters not related to Rust and have been working on that process.”

After the media reported last week that investigators didn’t yet have Mr. Baldwin’s phone, weeks after a judge in New Mexico approved the request for a warrant, Mr. Baldwin posted a video of himself on Instagram, which says that he submits, but the process takes time. . He suggested he was concerned about maintaining his privacy, saying, “They can’t just go through your phone and take, you know, your photos or your love letters to your wife or whatever you have.”

Read Also:  New Year's Eve 2021: 4 best comedy shows to watch on December 31

Suffolk County, New York officials said last week they were also involved in facilitating the handover of the phone to authorities.

In a television interview last month, Mr Baldwin vehemently insisted he was not responsible for the shooting that killed cinematographer Halina Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza. He said that when the gun fired, he practiced drawing it from his shoulder holster and did not pull the trigger; he said that he had not fully cocked the gun, an old-fashioned revolver, but pulled it back as far as he could, and released it in a motion that might have powered it.

Mr. Baldwin said in a TV interview that he does not know how the live feeds got on the western’s set, an issue that is at the center of an investigation by Santa Fe authorities.

World Nation News Deskhttps://www.worldnationnews.com
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here