The Apple ID is the key to every Apple user’s access to Apple’s services in the company’s ecosystem, including iCloud, the App Store, iMessage, FaceTime, Apple Music, and more. The Apple ID is also required when a user is logging in to a new iPhone or Apple product, so that the Services can automatically sync with the user’s Apple ID. Now that the Apple ID is the most integral part of a person’s Apple devices and services, it is important for users to have a secure password to keep their Apple ID secure. There are times when a user forgets their Apple ID password, and there are also times when a user wants to change their password. To cater to all such types of users, here is a look at the various ways that users can change their Apple ID password.
Apple allows users to change their Apple ID password at any time. It is also advised that users change their password once every few months to keep their security up to date. To create a new password, users must have at least eight characters consisting of at least one letter, one uppercase letter, and one lowercase letter. Users cannot reuse a password they may have already used for their Apple device.
Also read: iOS 16 Will Make Sure You Never Need To Go Through Captcha Login Again
Before we tell you the steps to change Apple ID password, it is important to note that users can change their Apple ID password only if they remember their password. If you forgot your password, you can go to Apple’s password reset process and use another Apple device to reset it, or use your phone number or email to do so .
How to Change Apple ID Password on iOS Devices
On iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch, users can simply follow these steps:
- go for Adjustment > Tap your name at the top > Select Password & Security,
- to select change the password, Here, users will be asked to enter their device passcode and then enter a new password and confirm it.
- tap Change,
- on the main Adjustment screen, sign in using the newly created password, and your Apple ID password has been changed!
How to Change Apple ID Password on Mac?
- On Mac computer, click on apple menu in the top-left corner of the screen.
- to select system Preferences , Apple ID
- click on Password & Security
- Click change the password
- Enter your current password,
- Enter new password twice for verification.
- Click Change,
How to Change Apple Password on Other Devices
- go for sebid.apple.com
- Click on “sign in“ in the top menu bar and sign in to your Apple ID account.
- to select “Sign in & Security“On the side menu.
- to select Password,
- Enter your current password, and then enter and confirm a new password.
- Users can choose to sign out of all Apple devices and websites by selecting the checkbox.
- Click “change the password.,