But WhatsApp’s innovation doesn’t stop there. In addition to group calls, the app has introduced a new feature that allows users to know the duration of their calls once they have ended. Not found in the app’s call section, this feature gives users the ability to know how long their call took or if it was declined, for both one-on-one and group calls.
To enable this new call duration feature on WhatsApp, users need to follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you have WhatsApp for Android beta version 22.214.171.124.
- Download this beta version from the Google Play Store and access the application.
- On the app screen, scroll down and look for the option to become a beta tester. If you can’t find it, you can access it via a provided link.
- Accept the terms and wait while the program downloads.
- Open the app and make a call with a contact or group.
- Once the call is over, in the dedicated chat, check the message with the exact duration of the call. If the call was rejected, this information is also displayed.
This new feature is particularly useful for several reasons:
1. Storage: Prevent shared media files from being saved to your phone’s internal storage during a call, freeing up storage space and keeping your device cleaner.
2. Data protection: Protect your conversations and prevent a trace of them being left behind in case someone checks your phone. After the configured period of time, the messages disappear completely.
3. Space saving: If you keep getting images or videos in your chats, you can use this feature to automatically delete them after a while, saving storage space on your device.
The call duration feature in WhatsApp adds to the list of features that continue to make this instant messaging application one of the most popular and versatile in the world. With its focus on innovation and adapting to the changing needs of its users, WhatsApp continues to be an indispensable tool in modern communication.