A number that is 50% higher than inflation. This increase represents 5% of salary plus a 2% increase in benefits. Accordingly, the union will put the proposal to a vote of the union members and, if accepted, end the strike.
- The vote is next February 9. The manufacturer is located in San José Chiapa, Puebla. The strike lasted eleven days.
Audi released the statement
Through a statement, the company announced this agreement in the document Audi He pointed out that they have reached a position 50% above the inflation rate in the country in terms of salaries in the third and fourth weeks of January.
- In addition, the workers were informed that they would be paid when the strike, which began on January 24, ended.
In this way, it is expected that the salary increase should be voted on by the base of the workers. Audi unions.
Audi’s First Strike
It should be noted that, at the end of 2023, the strike was extended by the union to allow Audi to offer a salary increase that adapted to the expectations of the workers because it was originally supposed to explode on January 1.
- Since December, Sitaudi has adjusted its demands, initially asking for 26.8%, until it reached 15.5%. For its part, the company showed resistance, since at first it only offered a bonus of 7,464 pesos.
In the middle of the negotiations, Audi went from 4.3 to 4.6 and finally to 6.5% (5% directly in salary and 1.5% in benefits), an offer that was not enough.
At the time, César Orta Briones, general secretary of Sitaudi, reported that in the last negotiations, the company increased its offer to 6.5%, but the union requested 15.5%.
- Due to the aforementioned, the first strike in the history of the plant located in the territory of Puebla has occurred since its opening in 2016.
Since January 24, the strike has included stopping production, and those jobs have been abandoned. Well, the workers’ new role is to monitor the trails.
- The assembly company produces more than 150 thousand cars per year. Since 2016 to date, more than one million units have been produced.
The Audi Puebla plant is considered the most modern in the American continent
The model is made in the Audi Q5 plant for everyone except China. More than 5,200 employees work at the workplace, of which 4,100 are union members.
On February 9, union members will vote to establish a date when they can end the plant strike and immediately return to production.