Monday, December 11, 2023

Babbel, German language platform lands in Chile

Babbel, the world’s best-selling language learning platform, is proud to announce its strategic expansion in Chile, further confirming its commitment to Latin America. With a strong presence already established in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina, Babbel’s journey in Latin America enters a new chapter.

Founded in Berlin, Germany, 16 years ago as the world’s first online language learning platform, Babbel has become the most comprehensive language learning ecosystem available today. By offering a wide range of language learning tools, including self-study lessons through its mobile app, live instructor-led classes, and an award-winning podcast series, Babbel has become a trusted resource for millions of students around the world. In 2022, the company achieved significant success in the United States, surpassing Europe to become the strongest market. In addition, Babbel’s entry into the B2B market has created partnerships with well-known companies such as Ferrero, Airbnb, and McDonald’s through its Babbel for Business program.

Strengthening its presence with a strategic entry into Chile

Babbel has achieved important goals and is now expanding its presence in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina. The new target is Chile, a market full of potential. According to a recent study conducted by Babbel’s market research team, the adult population of internet users in Chile is 14 million, of which 45% (6 million) have studied languages ​​in the last 12 months, while the remaining 55% (8 million). ) plan to start learning the language within the next 6 months. These findings indicate that there is a significant growth opportunity within the Chilean market.

To align with the expansion strategy, Babbel moved its center of operations for Latin America from Europe to the United States. This change guarantees a dedicated focus on the Latin American market, led by Zoe Zhang, Babbel’s Latin Manager. The main goal is to expand Babbel’s presence in the region and train more students throughout Latin America.

Zoe Zhang, Latam Manager of Babbel,, expressed his enthusiasm and declared, “We are happy to include Chile as one of our active markets. At the same time,erest in online language learning, especially English, is increasing in Latin America, especially during and after the COVID-19 COVID-19 pandemic.hening our presence in the US and European countries, we are excited to focus on the great potential of Latin America. “We hope to encourage Latin Americans to communicate internationally and join our mission to promote mutual understanding through language.”

Adapting language learning for Latin America: empowering Spanish speakers

The importance of engaging in conversation drove the launch of Babbel Live, featuring live classes taught by top-notch instructors. According to Babbel user behavior data, Latino Spanish-speaking students primarily study English (56%), followed by French (14%),, and German (11%). Surprisingly, they seem to show no interest in their neighbor’s language; only 4% have learned Brazilian Portuguese.

Babbel’s unique offer, which adapts its courses taking into account the student’s native language and the chosen foreign language, has attracted a diverse audience. It addresses the specific needs of native Spanish speakers who desire English skills to advance their careers, connect with family abroad, and communicate around the world while traveling. Young students are primarily motivated by future career prospects and travel opportunities and are ready to integrate into the global economy.

The global influence of Spanish: why Babbel users around the world are adopting Mexican Spanish

The Spanish language has had a great impact around the world, and North Americans have shown great interest in learning Mexican Spanish, reflecting the growing prominence of the Spanish language. Approximately 53% of all Babbel users in the US chose Mexican Spanish as their preferred language, followed by English (20%) and European Spanish (13%) worldwide.

Babbel is a company committed to promoting diversity and empowering people around the world to connect through language. The launch in Chile marks an important milestone in this mission, offering a gateway for even more Latin Americans to embark on a journey of cultural exploration.

World Nation News Desk
World Nation News Desk
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news