(NEXSTAR) — More than two dozen Bed Bath & Beyond locations are preparing to close their doors for good in the coming weeks.
The New Jersey-based home goods retailer previously announced plans to close about 200 stores over two years starting in 2020. According to Bed Bath & Beyond’s recent presentation on third quarter results, approximately 170 stores have already closed.
Shares climbed Thursday for Bed Bath & Beyond, jumping more than 10% at the opening bell. The retailer lost $276.4 million, or $2.78 per share, for the three months ended November 27. Adjusted for restructuring costs and other items, the loss per share was 25 cents, worse than industry analysts’ estimates for the break-even quarter. For Jacques Investment Research.
For the current quarter ending in February, Bed Bath & Beyond said it now expects revenue of $2.1 billion.
According to Bed Bath & Beyond, 37 locations are closing, many by the end of February. In a statement shared with Nexstar, the company says these stores are part of its previously announced plans to close 200 over two years.
Here is a list of locations closing in the coming weeks:
- Oxford, 1000 Oxford Exchange Blvd.
- Yuma, 1212 South Castle Dome Ave.
- Big House, 1004 North Promenade Parkva
- Tustin, 13692 Jamboree Road
- Rancho Santa Margarita, 22235 El Paseo
- Laguna Niguel, 32391 Golden Lantern
- Campbell’s, 515 East Hamilton Ave.
- Milpitas, 147 Great Mall Drive
- Orange City, 963 Harley Strickland Blvd
- Atlanta, 130 Perimeter Center West
- Marietta, 4475 Roswell Road, Suite 100
- Pocatello, 1732 Hurley Drive
- Jackson, 1132 Jackson Crossing
- Egan, 1295 Promenade Place
- Duluth, 1303 Miller Trunk Highway
- St. Joseph’s, 5201 North Belt Highway
- Meridian, 131 S. frontage road
- Plainview, 401 S. Oyster Bay Road
- Port Chester, 25 Waterfront Place
- Auburn, 217 Grant Avenue
- Spring Valley, 14B Spring Valley Marketplace
- Canadigua, 328 Eastern Blvd.
- Glenmont, 388 Fura Bush Road
- Niagara Falls, 1520 Military Road
- Mansfield, 2259 Walker Lake Road
- Pittsburgh, 7507 McKnight Road
- York, 2845 Concord Road
- San Angelo, 4169 Sunset Drive
- Vienna, 2051 Chain Bridge Road
- Seattle, 2600 SW Barton Street
- East Wenatchee, 511 Valley Mall Parkway
- Longview, 200 Triangle Center
- Union Gap, 1740 East Washington Street
- Sheboygan, 3347 Kohler Memorial Drive
- Triadelphia, 555 Cabela Drive
While many of the chain’s locations are closing, about 450 — a little more than half of its 809 locations — are on track to be remodeled, the company reports.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
suggest an improvement