- Advertisement -spot_img
Saturday, July 2, 2022

Boy dies after getting stuck between the dryer and the washing machine in the house

A young man died after getting caught between the dryer and the washing machine while playing hide-and-seek.

The authorities reached the house of his grandparents on Friday evening after the child, aged between eight and ten, was trapped.

The young boy was playing with his cousins ​​and family members when the play unfolded at his home on Murphy Road, just outside Coolidge, Georgia.

Tim Watkins, captain of the Thomas County Sheriff’s Office, said it is believed the little boy, originally from Jewett, Texas, was trying to hide behind equipment when he got caught between them.

After searching for him for about five to ten minutes, the family found him and immediately began performing CPR, as reported by WCTV.

The sheriff’s office said emergency services continued to perform CPR when they arrived.

The little boy became unresponsive for some time, before losing consciousness again. He was taken to a local area where he was declared brought dead.

According to Watkins, the child may have died of positional asphyxia. There were no injury marks on the body of the young child.

The Sheriff’s Office confirmed that no charges have been filed against the family.

An official autopsy will be conducted on Wednesday (June 15).

Local people expressed grief over the sad news. Many people have taken to social media to share their condolences.

“How sad! Praying that the family finds some kind of peace in these most unfortunate circumstances,” Christine Miller said on Facebook.

“Breaks my heart, she probably had anxiety that made it hard for her to breathe,” replied Rhonda Stalaway. “Poor family, it had to be disastrous because he only came to visit his grandparents.”

“Sincere condolences to the family here and in Texas,” said Harriet E. Ingram commented.

Another user, Paul Stephanie Edenfield, said: “It broke my heart! The kids are just playing and having fun.”

“Wonder poor little man! My condolences to his mom and dad and family, total heartbreak,” said Colleen Reynolds.

Last year, a child died in a state of unconsciousness in a washing machine.

Police in Christchurch, New Zealand, launched an investigation after a child – who was of pre-school age – was found in a washing machine that had been turned on.

Police said the child’s death is not being treated as suspicious.

The incident happened just two years after a two-year-old girl died after she climbed inside a tumble dryer while her mother was sleeping.

The girl, who was not named, was reportedly found inside a dryer in a trailer park in Waycross, Georgia US in June 2019.

Preliminary post-mortem revealed that the girl died of overheating.

This story was originally published on The Sun and reproduced here with permission.

World Nation News Desk
World Nation News Deskhttps://worldnationnews.com/
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here