Search
Thursday, December 01, 2022

Call of Duty Modern Warfare II doubles the game’s initial sales in the UK from last year

Call of Duty Modern Warfare II doubles the game's initial sales in the UK from last year

call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 This is a very good start. Activision said yesterday that it has broken new records for the franchise, becoming the fastest game in the series to reach $1 billion in sales revenue.

Looking specifically at the UK, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2’s numbers are particularly significant when compared to last year’s game, Call of Duty Vanguard.

As you know, the WWII game, Vanguard, was a major blow to Activision… which they fixed this year. Modern Warfare 2 goes on sale in the UK in its first week 92% higher than Vanguard over the same period, Almost double the sales!

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Super Day Call a Vanguard

GamesIndustry’s Christopher Dring complements a report from a week ago with this data. At the time, it was revealed that Modern Warfare 2 had low sales in its first week. 42% more than Vanguard, But it only counted physical copies.

Now, counting digital and physical sales, we see that Modern Warfare 2 has actually sold 92% more than Vanguard over the same period.

It also explains why Modern Warfare 2’s physical sales were 61% lower than Modern Warfare (2019): digital format prevails over physicalAnd many more in these games.

These Are The Best Tablets To Watch Movies And Series

If you often watch series while traveling or in different parts of the house, then these tablets can be good companions for entertainment consumption.

See the list

Another important fact is that 60% of Modern Warfare 2’s physical and digital sales in the UK come from the PS5 and PS4 versions, The Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC versions make up the other 40%.

It reflects the horrors of the Call of Duty saga on PlayStation, amid debate about its durability on Sony consoles after Microsoft completed its purchase of Activision Blizzard (if it’s completed…).

It looks like Activision has an unbeatable card this year with Modern Warfare 2, which has also become a best seller in Japan. No wonder they’ve already confirmed another Call of Duty slated for 2023… though it’s unclear if this will be a full game or MWII DLC.

World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.

Latest News

Related Stories

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Thanks for submitting your comment!