New one Call of Duty: Warzone The update is available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X with official patch notes that developer Raven Software has tweaked and improved with the update. At the time of publication, it is unclear what the file size of the update is platform to platform, but the download should be on the smaller side, as the update itself is not filled with changes, let alone new content.
We do know that the Akimbo Double Barrel Shotgun has finally been discontinued, following “concerns” expressed by players, and largely according to preliminary testing. Meanwhile, the developer also used the opportunity to preview upcoming weapon changes, such as the upcoming nerf for the MP40.
Below, you can check out the full and official patch notes of the update:
- Fixed collision issues with various elements in Caldera allowing players to exploit/peek/shoot through them
- The cash limit has been increased from $1,000,000 to $2,000,000 to enable overtime in loot mode.
- We’d like to take a moment to discuss some of our upcoming plans as well as how we will change our weapon balancing philosophy at Caldera. We will look at taking a more incremental approach to Weapon Nerfs. We understand that it can be frustrating to spend too long for a weapon to completely strip its viability in an unexpected balance patch. We would like to reiterate that our North Star weapon is diversity. With that said, we feel it appropriate to announce that in the near future we will be making some adjustments to the Light Machine Gun Charlie (VG) and the Submachine Gun Charlie (VG) – two weapons intended to bridge the gap between the two weapons and their competitors. In addition, we will reduce what is often referred to as ‘visual recoil’ on Vanguard assault rifles. We think this will help foster a healthier, more diverse pool of medium- to long-range weapons.
– Attachment Adjustment –
- Double Barrel (VG) — Sod-off — Move Speed 1.04 . decreased from 1.03
» Perk «
- Double Barrel (VG) – Akimbo – Damage multiplier decreased from 1 to .55 – Damage range multiplier increased from .6 to 1 – Move speed decreased to .985, Down 1 – Hip spread increased to 1.32, Above 1.28 — Akimbo was capable of achieving consistent lethality at double barrel (VG) extremes. While we agree that shotguns should be the deadliest option within close quarters, once that range begins to encroach on submachine gun territory, we must intervene. It may seem odd that we’re removing the damage range from the attachment made in previous statements, however another significant reduction in its overall damage will make the Akimbo Double Barrel (VG) feel less oppressive at the extremities, while at close quarters its effectiveness will be maintained. ,
Call of Duty: Warzone Available for free via PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X. For more coverage on all things COD, click here.