British police said on Tuesday that they had arrested a 20-year-old man after throw an egg at the direction of the king Charles III Visiting the city of Luton in North London.
Bedfordshire Police told the agency that the man had been “arrested for questioning” over the assault. AFP,
British monarch, 74, was temporarily removed from the crowd According to local media reports, he waited for his security services to greet him in St George’s Square in Luton, although he continued shortly after to shake hands and speak to citizens.
Charles III traveled to Luton to meet with town officials and local donors, and to visit a new Sikh temple.
This Tuesday was not the first episode of The Emperor with a protest that shows the egg towards his figure.
In early November, a 23-year-old man had already been arrested in York, in the north of England, After throwing several eggs in the direction of the new monarchWithout reaching him, shaking hands with his fans in the city center with his wife Camilla.
“This country was built on the blood of slaves” he must have shouted before being stopped by several policemen, at a time when the country is increasingly confronting its slave-owning and colonial past.
The student, who described himself as a climate activist, was released hours after the incident on the condition that he would remain At least 500 meters from the head of state.
Documentary or Declaration of War?
Meanwhile, the premiere on Thursday of a series about the British monarchy is awaited with anticipation and excitement Harry and Meghan, The first portions of which had already revived feuds between the Duke of Sussex and the rest of the royal family.
“No one knows the full story. We know the full story”Netflix coldly features the prince in a trailer released in which he announces the premiere of the first part of the documentary, titled “Harry and Meghan.”
Three months after the death of Elizabeth II, The series threatens to shine a stark light on the divisions within the royal family, which the couple left in 2020 partly alleging harassment by the British tabloid press.
The wedding in 2018 between the youngest son of current King Carlos III and a mestizo American actress was then seen as a sA breath of fresh air for the aging monarchy.
But then “everything changed”, describe the couple in the clip, which denounces “hierarchy in the family” and “A War Against Meghan”.
Enrique can also be heard condemning the “leaks” and moaning “The pain and suffering of the women who married this institution”regarding images of his mother, Diana, who was killed in a car accident while being followed by paparazzi in 1997. “I didn’t want history to repeat itself” confirm.
They are “disturbed” by Enrique and Meghan at Buckingham Palace
contacted by AFP, There was no comment from Buckingham Palace. But royal household sources cited by the Daily Mail newspaper said at the weekend that Carlos III and Queen consort Camilla are already “a little tired” from continuous attacks.
Others warned that the revelation “could be worse than the royals expected.” “It’s going to explode”A Netflix source told The Mirror newspaper.
Settled in California, Enrique and Meghan gave a shocking interview on US television last year in which they accused an unnamed member of the royal family of worrying about the skin color of their future children.
“We are not a racist family at all,” Guillermo had to come to the rescue.
From then on, the separation between the two brothers, who together with their wives were known in their time as the “Fantastic Four”, had ended.
After the death of Elizabeth II in September, All four of them made an effort and paid their respects together in public at Windsor… but without speaking to each other.
Netflix already released a first promotional clip last week, coinciding with William and Catherine’s first visit to the United States as Princesses of Wales, giving the British crown a youthful and glamorous sheen on the other side of the Atlantic.
Harry and Meghan match up with stylish black-and-white photo montage A racist brawl starring Guillermo’s godmotherWho had to resign from the post of bridesmaid after making offensive remarks on a black guest at Buckingham Palace.
“Sabotage”, “Declaration of War”, “Enrique, why do you hate your family so much?”Later tabloid headlines, which have always prioritized Guillermo and Catalina, consider them to be the ideal couple with an impeccable sense of duty compared to Enrique and Meghan, to whom they are compared. “Kardashians” to make money by broadcasting their personal lives in four directions.
Ever since he left the royal family, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have signed lucrative contracts —along with Netflix and Spotify—estimated to exceed $100 million. Enrique will also publish his memoirs in January in a book called “Spare” (Alternate).
Condemning the couple’s “obsessive self-pity” and “blatant contempt” for the royal family, The Sun newspaper said they should be stripped of all their titles.
The British also do not have any special attachment to them., He is the least popular member of the Royal Family after Prince Andrew, accused of sexual assault – while William and Catherine have 81% and 75% favorable opinion respectively, according to a recent YouGov poll.