The legislative agreements between faithful followers of Correa and Neboth They have already done this in the dismissed National Assembly, and there are no reasons for changes to happen now. Therefore, they quickly elected the president and the majority of the members of the Legislative Administration Council and formed the commissions. What great efficiency!
What has been done has been done, and it is to guarantee the country a scenario of management. That’s the account that the pairing is trying to position.
However, if you dig deeper than the surface, the apparent coalition is nothing more than a way to show the exact opposite of what its members say. The famous RC-PSC pact is the clearest way to observe that the political life of the country is heading towards an abyss and that the management is the least present in the legislature and the relationship of members of the assembly with the national government.
Having said that, there is no intention to ignore the agreements about the distribution of political power. This exercise is not only healthy but also a natural part of the democratic life of a country. Only in dictatorships does one get the whole cake.
Shockingly, if anything continues to attract the nation’s attention, it’s that the delivery of legislative spaces is the antecedent of the agreements and not their consequence. In other words, for a working alliance that supports the good management of the state apparatus, there must be minimum proximity in ideological terms, and, as a result of that, comes the distribution of responsibilities. Here, in the RC-PSC pact, that doesn’t exist. It does not exist simply because the two organizations have very different visions of life on most issues, and that makes it impossible to establish an agenda of national priorities. Singing tests.
- The table is for RC consumption of drugs It must be maintained for various reasons, while for the PSC there is a focus on addictions and the subsequent increase in insecurity.
- RCs sent the blanket base while the PSC promoted their return.
- on taxesRC considers that the tax burden is beneficial to the country, and PSC advocates reducing the tax presence as much as possible.
- In RC, the role of the state is key. In the PSC, the state apparatus must occupy a minority space in the country’s social life.
- For RC, the relations with deer are not a priority, while for PSC, they are the main strategic partner of the country.
- RC goes to Massa, and PSC goes to Milei. For RC the vision of populism is positive because it allows the ruler to interact with the population. The PSC points out that the populist phenomenon weakens the institutional life of countries.
- RC opposes working flexibility. The PSC insists that this is the way to stimulate the economic system.
- At its simplest, RC defines itself as an organization on the left. The PSC is located at TRUE.
The list of differences goes on, but to save the reader time, it is interrupted here.
If the RC and PSC are very different at the ideological level, then the agreements will be based on temporary and specific issues where, sometimes, they have coincidences and other times not.
Given that any issue requires the National Assembly to act formally, the alliance begins and ends with the election of authorities. Otherwise, there can be a temporary connection between the RC and PSC or any of them with other political forces. That does not support the governance of the country. and many less likely to create a favorable environment for the current president. Quite the opposite. Uncertainty prevails, and if Mr. Noboa needs legislative support, he will realize that your participation in the agreement between RC and PSC will not benefit you much. He has to negotiate a vote by voting on any bill he tries to pass. You must negotiate, vote by vote, any attempt to govern the National Assembly.
I hope the government believes that This is not important for the RC-PSC pact Therefore, although today’s alliance gave its votes, The pro-government bench got representation from CAL, and That same majority will shake the head of state tomorrow. As you get closer to the 2025 election process, this possibility will arise. Just a moment.
The opinions expressed by PRIMICIAS columnists in this space reflect the thoughts of their authors, but not our position.