Clínic and Vall d’Hebron are among the 250 best private and public hospitals in the world, according to the “World’s Best Hospitals 2023” ranking published by the American weekly “Newsweek”. In particular, the ranks of Clínic number 62 and Vall d’Hebron 83. Compared to last year, Clínic rose one place and Vall d’Hebron fell two.
Two years ago, the Clínic achieved a better result, ensuring that it is the best health center in Spain and the 38th best in the world. On the other hand, the Vallum d’Hebron has been gradually ascended, since two years ago it was only counted as 99.
Regarding Spanish hospitals, the best placed is the University Hospital of La Paz, which takes 53rd place, followed by the 12th of October University Hospital (72), Gregorio Marañón, University General Hospital (90), University. de Navarra Clinic (97), Ramón y Cajal University Hospital (152), La Fe University and Polytechnic Hospital (205), Jiménez Díaz, University Hospital Foundation (211), San Carlos Hospital Fusci (216), University Hospital Virgen del Rocío ( 220), in Puerta de Hierro University Hospital (230) and Marqués de Valdecilla University Hospital (245).
Mayo Clinic-Rochester is the best hospital in the world
This year, the Mayo Clinic-Rochester in New York is again the best hospital in the world. In second place, the Cleveland Clinic and in third Massachusetts General Hospital, all three are located in the United States. Other countries like Canada, Sweden, Germany, France, and Singapore have hotels that rank in the top 10.
The 10th largest hospital in the world
1. Mayo Clinic – Rochester United States Rochester MN
2. Cleveland Clinic United States Cleveland OH
3. Massachusetts General Hospital, United States of America, Boston MA
4. The Johns Hopkins Hospital United States Baltimore MD
5. Toronto General – University Health Network Canada Toronto
6. Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
7. Charité – Medical University of Berlin, Germany
8. Associated Press-HP – Pitié Salpêtrière University Hospital France Paris
9. Singapore General Hospital Singapore Singapore
10. UCLA Health – Ronald Reagan Medical Center United States Los Angeles
The ranking was prepared through global data research by Statista, the most important business platform in the world, and the Global Expert Panel, an independent body that studies the quality and work of Statista.
To be as rigorous as possible, new data sources are continuously consulted and improvements are made to the scoring algorithm. In addition, the opinions of experts such as David Bates, professor of technology at Harvard University, should also be taken into account.
If you want to consult the list of 250 best hospitals in the world prepared by “Newsweek”, click here.