The procession, which will begin at approximately 6:30 a.m. on Thursday, October 12, will depart from the Guadalajara Cathedral and end at the Basilica of Zapopan
Derived from the fulfillment of the 2023 Pilgrimage, Starting tomorrow night, Wednesday, various road closures will be held in Guadalajara and Zapopan, where citizens should consider.
For this reason, and to protect the safety of the participants, in addition to speeding up traffic on alternative routes and implementing the corresponding road closures for the safe passage of patrons, The Secretariat of State Security (SSE) will deploy an operation, through the Road Police Station and the State Police.
The procession, which beginning at approximately 6:30 a.m. on Thursday, October 12, It will start from the Guadalajara Cathedral and end at the Zapopan Basilica, taking the following route:
- Guadalajara Cathedral – Paseo Alcalde south – Juárez/Vallarta avenue – Unión/Américas avenue – Prol. November 20 – Basilica of Zapopan.
Due to the aforementioned, the closure of the roads that are part of The Pilgrimage route starts at 11:00 pm on Wednesday, October 11 Until the end of the event, however, traffic reductions are also considered in the Central area of Zapopan, from the evening of Tuesday, October 10 to the evening of Friday, October 13:
Tuesday, October 10:
Closing from 11:00 pm at:
- Av. Hidalgo, from Juan Pablo II to 16 de Septiembre Street
- Aurelio Ortega Avenue, from Juan Pablo II to Juan Manuel Street
- Matamoros Street, from Av. Hidalgo to Gómez Farías street
Wednesday October 11
Closing from 9:00 pm at:
- Av. Ávila Camacho, from av. Patria to av. John Paul II
- Av. Americas, from av. Birth of John Paul II
- Av. John Paul II/Laurels, from Avila Camacho to Pino Suarez Street
- Javier Mina, Eva Briseño, 5 de Mayo, 28 de Enero and Sofía Camarena streets
Thursday October 13
The closure remains until 11:00 pm:
- Av. Hidalgo, from Vicente Guerrero to av. John Paul II
ALTERNATE ROUTES ZAPOPAN
- Av. Patria, between av. Aqueduct and Alberta
- Acueducto Avenues, Santa Margarita, Tesistán, Parres Arias, Venustiano Carranza, San Jorge
- Sarcófago/Epigmenio Preciado, Industria/Paulino Navarro, Lake Geneva and Lake Constance streets
CLOSING OF GUADALAJARA CENTER
Wednesday, October 11:
Closing from 11:00 pm at:
- Quadrant enclosed by av. Juárez, Ocampo, Donato Guerra, Independence and Degollado
- Av. Javier Mina/Juárez, from av. Belisario Domínguez to Paseo Alcalde
ALTERNATE ROUTE GUADALAJARA
“The Road Police Station call to consider the closure of other roads It can be presented according to the influx of people who participate in the Pilgrimage, so you are encouraged to follow the instructions of the authorities along the route, as well as anticipate your transfers if you are a regular user of the streets use. on the occasion of a religious event,” the Security Secretariat indicated in a statement.