Health officials in Northern Ireland confirmed the death of a five-year-old girl on Tuesday. Caused by group A streptococcus (GAS) bacteriaThere have been nine deaths in the UK since September.
The latest case came to light last week at Belfast Primary School. When management reported the existence of an outbreak of this bacterium, also known as Strep A.
[ये भी पढ़ें: सर्दियों के मौसम में शरीर को कैसे करें मजबूत: कि बारिश से छुट्टियां खत्म न हो जाएं]
“A letter has been sent from the center to parents, informing them of this tragic loss and of the support services available at the school for our children,” the school said in a statement today.
According to local media, one minor is hospitalized and the other has been discharged. after becoming infected with group A streptococcus bacteria, which causes, among other things, Tonsillitis, scarlet fever or pneumonia.
Northern Irish health officials launched an appeal last week for parents and guardians Be alert for the appearance of certain symptoms, After noticing an increase in the number of cases in schools and nurseries in the British province.
(See also: What Are Cardiometabolic Diseases, Causes, and Why You Should Pay Attention to Them)
He pointed out that the surge in cases across the country comes after two years of social confinement imposed by the coronavirus pandemic, during which its incidence was “lower than usual”.
In the case of scarlet fever, in particular, United Kingdom recorded 851 infections in the week of 14 to 20 NovemberThat compared to an average of 186 detected before the Covid crisis.
Nick Gibb, the British Secretary of State with responsibility for schools, He confirmed this Tuesday that the government is studying the possibility of giving “preventive antibiotics” to infected children.
Streptococcus is a bacterium found in the throat and on the skin. which can be carried without showing symptoms, But in individual cases it becomes a raging tension that is especially dangerous for those with low security.