Acosta, Aguirre, Aldama, and Aguilar: The National Electoral Institute (INE) announced the letter to be used as a reference for the selection of those who polled officials in the 2024 election.
During the session, This Thursday, February 1, the election authorities announced that the draw letter A.
If your last name starts with the letter A and you were born in March, you will likely need to receive and count the votes of your neighbors next June 2.
Based on March and April, as well as the letter “A,” the insemination of 13% of citizens registered on the nominal list will take place on Tuesday, February 6, 2024, in the 300 district councils of the country.
In other words, 12.8 million people should visit 42 thousand 657 Electoral Assistant Trainers in each of their homes between February 9 and March 31 to inform them that they are attracted and raise awareness about the importance of participating as polling station officials.
Between February 9 and April 4, 2024, the district boards will make a list of citizens who, having attended the corresponding training, do not have any obstacles to performing the position. From this relationship, the district councils will insulate the citizens who will make up the Casilla Board of Directors, not later than April 6.
On April 8, the district boards will integrate the Casilla Boards of Directors with elected citizens and determine, according to their level of education, the functions that each one will perform in the booth.
What did the polling station officials do?
According to INE, polling station officials become the citizen electoral authority of the polling station and are responsible for the implementation and respect of the vote.
They are citizens chosen through a lottery and trained by the Institute to participate in polling station boards. Each box is made up of nine officials: six owners and three general substitutes.
It is possible to have people with disabilities on the board of directors; if this is the case, they can be with someone they trust accredited to the district council.
Responsibilities of the Box Board of Directors
- You verify that the voting credential belongs to the person who presented it.
- You deliver the ballots to the voters.
- You count the votes with the support of your colleagues.
- You will place the voting results poster in a visible place.
- You deliver the electoral package to the corresponding offices.
- Complete Election Day minutes and documents.
- You should check that the voter’s name is on the Nominal List or the Additional List.
- Mark the credentials of those who have already voted.
- You put indelible ink on the right thumb of those who have already voted.
- You deliver copies of the minutes to representatives of political parties and independent candidates.
- You have combined the files in the election box.
Teller or Examiner:
- You help the secretary mark the voting credentials and put them in the indelible liquid.
- Count the number of voters who voted on the Nominal List.
- You count and classify the votes taken from the ballot boxes.
If you need a total replacement:
- You must be in the box at 7:30 in the morning; if one of the owner’s officers is absent, you will join the Board of Directors of the Box.