An excess of air will reduce fire, which will lead to weight loss, but accompanied by insomnia, dizziness, weakness of motor and mental functions, increased anxiety and fear.
The reduced amount of air reduces motor and mental activity, causes poor digestion and nausea, pain and depression.
Earth helps to ground, stabilize body and mind be present in the here and now, It is solid, stable, fixed, slow, dense, motionless.
It is concentrated in the brain, liver, kidneys and blood.
When it is in balance with other elements, it allows a person to feel stable, steadfast, resistant, longevity, promotes sleep and memory. His personality is calm, but he can be nostalgic and affectionate. The physique is thin, the skin is pale.
produces excessive amounts the body remains immobile and overwhelmedAnd that the mind slows down its thoughts.
Deficiency of earth element leads to weakness of connective tissue and bones, osteoporosis and cell atrophy.
how to know if elements are in equilibrium
You can identify yourself with physical and emotional characteristics that go back to the elements, and there is evidence That’s what your naturopath will do to know the presence of fire, air, water and earth, evaluating whether there is a predominance of some and a lack of others. Understand how and where to work.
how to restore balance
You can influence the balance of nature’s elements changing lifestyle, diet, psycho-physical well-being and the external environment in which we live.
Some practical examples:
- If we lack water, living in a moist place will help us to increase it
- If we lack fire inside, or want to release it, then we should eat spicy food. However, if we have an excess of it, chillies will only add heat to the fire.
- If we have too much, it will be difficult for us to express our feelings, and we must make daily gestures of affection.
- If we have a lot of fire but also a lot of water, the latter can block the exit of the fire, causing a burning sensation in the body. We need to increase heat production through more physical movement
My Experience with Naturopathy
my item test shown more fireWhere I recognize the qualities of my personality, and have a good balance between water and air, From the water I can see certain physical characteristics, which according to the naturopath have a tendency to maintain my fire, instead, I should give it up, because if it is maintained, it causes inflammation . From the air I can see elements of my character. Element What else i lost is one of TierraAnd that is exactly what I have worked on in the home spa of Palazzo Belvedere and in the various activities of my wellness weekend.
It starts with guided gymnastics to get rooted in the earth, to rediscover my body in the here and now, and then to a walk in nature, which is an environment for me to rediscover. Then a vegetarian meal on the table, rich in roots (carrots, turnips, beetroot, ginger, radish, celery, potato)
sweet potato), a meditation to help me put out my fire, for example, through vocals. While staying in an Earth Element cabin, I tried treatments involving earth and stones, ending with a personalized guided meditation.
4 Things I’ve Learned From Nature
- that we are the decisions we make
- that we are made of opposites, but it is necessary to find a compromise
- In the end it costs little to replace
- that the body is an extraordinary machine and nature can guide it
Article originally published in Vogue Italia, vogue.it.