- During the first semester of 2022, 3 murders of medical interns were reported in the country.
- It is mandatory for all students to complete 12 months of social service in order to graduate from the university.
- One of the main problems of this phase is that the model has not been updated for more than half a century.
Discussion for the past few days Social service in medicine. All part of the conditions young people face during this phase of the race. However, not all but a large number are sent to rural areas where high levels of insecurity prevail. For this reason, there are constant reports of attacks on aspiring doctors.
an old and obsolete practice
Part of the problem lies in the lack of updating of this obligation. No changes have been made to the law for more than 70 years, despite the fact that the world is no longer the same.
Whereas the discussion has escalated to the point that not only do students face assault or verbal humiliation. There have also been reports of killing of students while performing this duty. During the first half of 2022 alone, there were three fatalities and each has a name and surname.
- Mariana Sanchez – January 28.
- Luis Fernando Montes de Oca Armas – June 30.
- Eric David Andrade Ramirez – July 15.
Faced with this panorama, more and more voices are requesting End social service in medicine. In addition to the danger, it is also criticized that the supplies available to young people are minimal and not sufficient to care for patients. It has been documented that basics like diabetes test strips or baby scales don’t work.
Similarly, it has been mentioned that To provide a professional service to patients, you must have real health professionals and not students. However, one reason for this, although the government does not recognize it, is budget constraints.
Minimal and negligible support during social service in medicine
Because of the above, it is preferred to send youth who are only He receives a minimum scholarship which varies between 2,500 and 3,000 pesos per month. This is a minimum figure which is not sufficient to meet basic expenses.
For this reason many times students have to stay inside health centers or have to ask any citizen of rural area for Dharamshala.
Having said all of the above, doctors and analysts Xavier Tello has become one of the main opponents of Social service in medicine. Though beyond requesting its abolition, they have stated that it would be ideal to completely replace the final year of student training.
Because it’s not only about criticizing but also about proposing, you have four options that will be They will replace the sixth year of the race. Anyone will help in the training of students and not reveal them to the present.
- An additional year of hospital graduate internship.
- 12 months internship in a research laboratory.
- One year of supervised practice in formal family therapy units.
- Pedagogical development in new areas of dissemination of knowledge in health.