Sweet dishes are one of the great Argentinean passions and if they are accompanied by the famous preparation made by cooking milk with sugar, which is usually used as a topping or spread, so much the better. Therefore Moist Dulce De Leche Cake This is a great option to savor after a fine meal or in the afternoon with some infusions.
To make this dessert spongy, the trick would be to beat the eggs. What needs to be done aerate this product until you get a kind of white mousse. a feature that makes it delicious Moist Dulce De Leche Cake is that the cake used as a base is porous and light.
There are different dishes while preparing Moist Dulce De Leche Cake, The Instagram account “Culineria Resetas” made a sweet cake very similar to the famous one, but an Argentine version.
Material (for 20-25 cm mold)
- 6 eggs.
- 200 grams of sugar.
- 240 g flour.
- vanilla essence.
- 500 grams Dulce de Leche.
- 600 ml milk.
- 200 ml cream.
- chocolate chips.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- Whisk the mixture until it becomes frothy.
- Add the sifted flour little by little and make an envelope to mix. The preparation should be homogeneous and without lumps.
- In a container suitable for the oven, put butter and flour, mix.
- Bake at 160° for about 30/40 minutes. Check if it is already cooked by piercing it in the center with a stick. It should come out clean.
- While the cake is cooking, add the milk and dulce de leche to a pot and heat until everything is dissolved.
- Take the sponge cake out of the oven, prick it all the way around the top and pour the dough with the dulce de leche and milk preparation. Explanation: If the dough is cold, the liquid must be warm. If it is hot, then the decoction should be cold.
- It should be mixed little by little, with a spoon, so that the cake is well moistened. Keep it in the fridge to cool down.
- Once it is ready, garnish with whipped cream and some chocolate chips on top. Also, nuts can be used as a topping.
The Story of Dulce de Leche
Dulce de leche became one of the favorite ingredients in Argentine gastronomic cuisine. From dulce de leche, pancakes, alfajor with various fruits to more elaborate desserts, such as a Moist Dulce De Leche Cake or a rogal, all are great options for savoring this exquisite dish. However, beyond the fact that this product is widely consumed in the country and is probably one of the tastiest dishes when it comes to its preparation, its origin is definitely unknown. There are several places that claim it as their own, for example, Chile, Paraguay and Brazil.
In Argentina, a document found in the National Historical Museum dates the invention of dulce de leche to around 1829, at the time when Juan Manuel de Rojas and his political enemy Juan Lavalle were about to meet to sign the pact of Canuelas. . Rosa’s servant put milk and sugar to boil to invite the guest, but she forgot them on the stove. Returning to look at the grout, the woman found a thick, brown-like substance. Everyone liked its taste.
(translate to tag) moist dulce de leche cake