- Advertisement -spot_img
Friday, January 27, 2023

El Rosario to replace 1,534 lights with LED technology, reducing electricity bill by 71%

El Rosario City Council has begun replacing a total of 1,534 public light fixtures with LED technology, as well as refurbishing 31 public light boxes. This measure, which benefits 46% of all light points present in the municipality, will reduce current electricity consumption by 71% and emissions equivalent to 250 tonnes of CO2 per year. The action has a total investment of 1.3 million euros, of which 85% comes from a subsidy given by the Institute for Energy Diversification and Savings (IDAE) of the Ministry of Ecological Transition. The Mayor of El Rosario, Escolástico Gil, and the Councilor of Ecological Transition, Fidel Vazquez, recently confirmed the development of work that will continue in the coming months.

The mayor stressed that “this important action is a new large-scale sustainable project to strengthen our commitment to save electricity consumption and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, which is supported by other projects such as the installation of solar panels in municipal buildings.” Installation or execution comes in addition to making the envelope of the El Rosario City Hall building more sustainable and making it the first municipal building with zero emissions”.

For his part, the mayor of Ecological Transition, Fidel Vazquez, says that “in providing a complete solution for energy savings and network control at the stage of improving public lighting and the implementation of a new remote management system by panels command center, with various advantages such as failure monitoring, reading and control of consumed energy, on/off control or luminous flux reduction control”.

In addition, this new remote management system has alarm for incidents, real-time control and immediate response to adverse traffic or weather conditions, which will mean considerable cost savings.

The action benefits from a total investment of 1.3 million euros, of which 85% is executed with a subsidy granted by the Institute for Energy Diversification and Savings (IDAE) under the Ministry of Transition Ecology, and the remaining 15% comes from El. Rosario City Council’s own funds.

Among the streets that will see their completely renovated public lighting are important streets of the municipality such as Grano de Oro, Elías Bacalado Hernández, Doctor Caldera, Cortés, Candelaria Road, Spain, Balboa, Belgium, Valdés, Juan Sebastián Elcano or The Way of the Ermita, among others.

Technical aspects of the new lighting system

The new luminaires have a horizontal optical block, with which there is less light pollution, and they have an integrated data transfer controller, with which they can be controlled in real time from the public lighting area. The luminaires that will be replaced will be lamps with a power of between 70 and 400 watts, which will become LED luminaires with a maximum power of between 20 and 77 watts. Thus, the installed power will go from 158,186 kW to 46,384 kW with a saving of 111,802 kW (71% less installed power).

On the other hand, the current annual cost of the consumption of the luminaires is 119,715.16 Euro, compared to 35,103.41 Euro of the cost of the expected consumption of the new luminaires, allowing a saving of public funds of 84,611.75 Euro per year. ,

In relation to the estimated annual reduction of greenhouse gases (tons of CO2 equivalent/year). Emissions from the new facility are 103,914 kg. CO2 and current emissions are 354,384 kg. of CO2, so that the estimated savings per year would be 250,470 kg CO2/yr, ie 250’470 Tn CO2 Eq/yr CO2 that would be avoided from being emitted into the atmosphere by this action.

World Nation News Desk
World Nation News Deskhttps://worldnationnews.com/
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here