Findlay Market is celebrating a big milestone this weekend. The oldest continuously operating public market in Ohio is celebrating its 170th anniversary with a “Birthday Bash” and Night Market on July 23.
From 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., party-goers include live music, rotating entertainment, kid-friendly activities, a panel about the history of Findlay Market, an art gallery fundraiser, screenprinting opportunities and sparklers and a pop-up You can visit the night market. Mayor Aftab Purewal cut a special birthday cake.
Revel OTR Urban Winery has partnered with Bazaar on a Sauvignon Blanc to celebrate the anniversary. The bottles are for sale ($20) at Mighty Good in the market or are available via pre-order online. And SKT Ceramics is introducing the 170th anniversary cake stand.
Nearby businesses are also in action, with a block party north of Liberty Street. Participants include Bar OTR ($1 off cocktail), Beequirkey (17% off coupon), La Offrinda ($10 del Mercado cocktail), Rookwood Pottery (free hourly factory tour from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and Sam Adams Taproom (every day). $1 off beer). for Findlay Market). The Brewing Heritage Trail is also offering Over and Under the Rhine Tours at 10am, 12:30pm and 3:30pm.
Findlay fans can share their own stories about the market – or read the stories of others – at findlaymarket.org. Or take a self-guided history tour through the Cincinnati Preservation’s Cincinnati Sites & Stories app.
The activity schedule for the 23rd July Birthday Bash is:
- From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – a play library with giant Jenga and other games will be set up at Race Street Station.
- 2 p.m. – Camille Saba Smith plays Jane and Amy Jo plays Race Street Station.
- 1-9 p.m. – There will be an art gallery fundraiser at The Column featuring local artists. Vendors and Corporation for Findlay Market will benefit from the proceeds.
- 3-4:30 p.m. – The “Findlay Market: Then and Now” panel discussion will include local historians and market vendors. It’s free, but so is the ticket. Get tickets at eventbrite.com.
- 4-8 p.m. – Cincinnati Circus Company’s balloon artist and face painter will be on hand
- 5-9 p.m. – Outdoor Night Market featuring local vendors, food and drink. See the full list of sellers at Findlaymarket.org.
- 5:30 pm – Mayor Pureval will cut the birthday cake of Findlay Market. Free cakes and sparklers will be available.
- 5-9 pm – SKT Ceramics will screenprint the birthday cake illustration on the shirt. bring your shirt; Should have a smooth finish (aka no fleas, zippers, etc.)
- 5-8 p.m. – Andrew Hibbard’s band will replace Race Street Station
- 5-9 PM – Bibi Hutch will play Jane
Findlay Market is located at 1801 Race St, Over-the-Rhine. Find out more at Findlaymarket.org.
Stay connected with Citybeat. Subscribe to our newsletters, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TwitterGoogle News, Apple News and Reddit.
Send Citibeat a news or story tip or submit a calendar event.