Varicose veins are swollen, twisted veins that are just below the skin. They are swollen, twisted and dilated veins that are often red or blue in color and usually appear on the legs.
Although the feet are most commonly affected, any superficial vein can take over this aspect. While for many it may be just an aesthetic problem, for others it can become a real ordeal.
According to the United States National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, varicose veins are a common condition caused by weakness or damage to the walls of the veins and valves. It is a problem that affects women more than men.
When proper treatment for varicose veins is not produced, blood flow can worsen, as blood in the area stagnates and pools in the veins, causing swelling, persistent pain, blood clots and skin changes.
Similarly, this condition can develop when the blood pressure within the veins increases, which can be caused by pregnancy, constipation, tumors or being overweight and obese. Additionally, according to the Mayo Clinic, Some people may have itching around one or more veins.
Currently, under medical supervision, it is possible to take appropriate treatments to combat or eliminate them. Exercise is in these ways and even special portals better with health He listed some of these that can help for the purpose:
1. Separation of legs: This involves separating and joining the legs, repeatedly trying to maintain balance so that they do not fall to the ground. To perform it, lie on the floor looking up at the ceiling, with your legs raised, apart and then joined again. Two or three sets of 15 repetitions each are performed.
2. Heel-Toe Push-Ups: To do this, simply sit on a chair and spread your legs slightly apart. In that case, you have to lift the front of your feet and then lift your heels. If done about 20 times, it will help stimulate circulation.
3. Pedal: This involves imitating the movement of a bicycle, i.e. pedaling in the air. To perform it, you should lie down on the floor and bend your knees with your legs elevated.
4. Twist: To do this, you have to lie down on your back on a rug or carpet. Then one of the legs is raised up, fully extending it. With the leg up, circular movements should be made in a clockwise direction. The ideal is to do 20 turns with each leg.
5. Walking, Running or Swimming: These exercises reduce the symptoms of varicose veins because they stimulate blood circulation by applying pressure to certain muscles in the body.
In addition to doing the mentioned exercises, better with health listed many Herbs that may help reduce the symptoms of varicose veins include:
- Horsetail: spanish newspaper sports world In its health section, it is discovered that this plant has healing and anti-inflammatory properties that help with varicose veins. You can consume it or soak a cloth with the infusion and place it directly on varicose veins.
- horse chestnut: It can be found in capsules and infusions and, according to studies, it has anti-inflammatory properties that contribute to the correct circulation of veins and arteries, it helps to improve hemorrhoids and, due to its oxidizing effect, it helps to soothe the feet. I feel tired.