Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is essential so that the loss of collagen in the body does not come suddenly. However, when this happens, it is time to turn to supplements that contain this elemental protein.
Collagen helps us strengthen muscles, improve the appearance of the skin, serves to heal and, in aesthetic terms, prevents tooth loss and keeps them free of cavities.
In recent years, this supplement has become a great ally for the beauty of women, who ingest it in various ways, whether in capsules, powder or some food that may contain collagen.
Do you want to prepare homemade hyaluronic acid and collagen? A natural way to keep your skin smooth and fresh
However, it is important that before using these supplements, several measures are taken into account. In addition, it is always advisable to consult a specialist who proposes the best according to the body and age.
Here are five recommendations you should know before taking collagen, according to the Solo Colágenos blog.
What you should know before taking collagen
1. Consuming a collagen supplement before the age of 40 is not necessary, because it is after that age that collagen tends to reduce.
2. You can get it naturally in foods such as eggs, citrus fruits that contain vitamin C, meats and fish such as salmon and cod.
How long are collagen patches left on dark circles to minimize puffiness around the eyes?
3. Take into account that a lower molecular weight is an advantage for the solubility of collagen protein in the body, that is why you should consult a professional who recommends a supplement with hydrolyzed collagen depending on the molecular weight.
4. Know what are the main components found in collagen and how to obtain them.
5. Understand who, why and when can take collagen, since this depends on the lifestyle of each person.