Here are five things you missed from Bachelorette Season 18, Episode 6, which aired Tuesday night on ABC. The show features fan favorite and St. Louis Park native Michelle Young.
1. The episode begins with Young chatting with four of his students from Burnsville. One of them hands her a letter that says, “Dear Miss Young, I am glad that (you are) a bachelor, because (you are) my favorite teacher, and I think you really deserve it! Best regards, Ahmed. ” (Ahmed, if you’re reading this, please don’t think that this in any way shapes or shapes the normal process of finding true love.) And it turns out that the children – all adorable – will choose Young. dates and help her cut her boyfriend count from eight to four. They start with questions. “Have you ever been grounded?” “Who has the worst breathing in the house?” “Can you guys do a handstand?” “Do you shave your nipples?” (Rodney admits that yes, it does.) “Did you fart in front of Miss Young?” (Clayton says “maybe.”) Kelsey proves that she already knows the game well by telling the camera that she doesn’t like Martin (personal trainer with complex hair): “He’s trying to show off … and he wears too much cologne. “
2. On their first date, the kids choose Clayton, a large, polite handsome former college football player who has razor bumps on his neck. (Exfoliate Clayton, exfoliate.) The date begins with a pizza, candy and cookie feast in the back of the limo. (I’m pretty sure that in real life, none of the participants on this show regularly eat carbs, dairy, or sugar.) Then they move on to the Bell Museum, which is closed so they have room for themselves. They kiss in the planetarium and then have dinner outside the museum. Young tells him, “You have completely tested every boundary of all the qualities that I look for in someone … (but) I don’t feel like I can achieve this with you in time.” Given that Clayton’s next bachelor is poorly stored, it should come as no surprise that Young showed him the door. (The next day, fifth graders Kelsey and Luke walk in to hug Clayton and take handwritten notes. Luke’s note praises Clayton for “a lot of muscle.”
3. For a group date, Young’s students pick Rick, Rodney, Knight, Martin, Ola, and local boyfriend Joe Coleman. They get to the farm and Rick (the one who puts on too much mascara) turns out to be the cow milking master while Rodney (the nipple razor) struggles. Coleman gets more milk than any of the other guys and also wins in the subsequent oil dump. We talk a lot with farm animals, shovel manure and don’t wash our hands, but kissed a little. During cocktail hour after the date, the guys share their reasons with Young. Martin, meanwhile, laments Young’s failure to “pay attention” last week when he told her that women in Miami were too “demanding”. Olu shares his thoughts on Martin for the camera: “Point-blank, he is … That is, that is.” Then he talks to Young, who sends Martin to pack. Martin’s response is as cold as his advice: “I’m sad for her. Like, such a woman does not deserve my time. Night gets a rose.
4. Brandon gets the last date of the week at Nelson’s Ice Cream in Stillwater. They then enter her childhood home, kiss in her old bedroom, and then endure the action in the jacuzzi. To everyone’s “surprise,” Young’s parents, LaVonne and Ephraim, appear. Young and Brandon dress up and chat with her family. Brandon spends time alone with Young’s parents and immediately asks for their blessings. They tell him that they will support whatever decision Young makes, and off-screen, I guess, add that “Dude, there are still three or four episodes left.” However, Brandon receives a rose.
5. Young cancels the last cocktail party and gets down to business. She already gave two roses and sent two dudes to the bachelorette trash can. Rick, Olu, Rodney, and Joe Coleman remained. Rick and Olu get the chop. Young and the boys are heading to their hometown next week and I’m sure everything will go smoothly, without drama.