He apple millefeuille It is one of the less common desserts that you can find and at the same time, one of the most surprising, as its taste is unique and the uniqueness of making it without flour exceeds expectations.
In this note we will teach you how to prepare for apple millefeuille Also known as “apple lasagna” and not made with any type of flour, in fact, it can also be considered a vegetarian dessert.
One of the optional additions to this recipe is the vanilla sauce, which in this case includes eggs and milk, but they can be completely substituted if you don’t consume animal products. follow the recipe apple millefeuille,
- 300 g granulated white sugar
- 8 apples
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
For the vanilla custard
- 4 yolks
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 600 ml fresh milk / whole milk or lactose free / skimmed / vegetable
- 50 g granulated white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- vanilla essence or 1 vanilla pod, peeled
- The first thing to do is to prepare the caramel: for this use half the sugar. I spread a thin layer of sugar over the top of the skillet over medium-low heat, without stirring. When you see that it has melted, add more sugar and repeat this step until you have used all 150 grams.
- Swirl the pan supported by the handle to help melt everything, without using utensils such as a spatula or spoon as they will crystallize. When it’s finished, pour it into the mold and turn it over to cover the entire surface.
Preparing apple millefeuille
- Peel and slice the apples with a mandolin (the slices should be about a millimeter thick). Avoid seeds and hard parts of the fruit.
- Mix sugar, salt and cornstarch in a bowl.
- I arranged the apples on the base of the mold and some of the slices on the sides. Mix dry ingredients and refill with apples.
- Between layer and layer of apples, pour a mixture of sugar with cornstarch and salt. I repeated the steps until the mold was full or until the apples ran out.
- IMPORTANT: Every four layers, press the apples with your hands so that they are very tight.
- Take apple millefeuille Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC (put a tray under the pan, in case juices leak out) for one hour or till apples are tender when pierced with a knife.
- take it out of the oven and press apple millefeuille with the back of a spoon. Temper it and when it is hot open the dessert.
vanilla custard (optional)
- In a bowl, beat egg yolk and cornstarch with a hand mixer.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, vanilla, sugar and salt until steaming. Mix all the time.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add a splash of milk to the yolks, whisk them quickly and pour into a saucepan.
- Return the mixture to medium heat and cook until thickened, stirring constantly with a spatula.
- As soon as you see that the custard has thickened, turn off the flame, transfer it to a bowl to cook and when it is cool or lukewarm, serve it with custard. apple millefeuille,