- Advertisement -spot_img
Sunday, June 26, 2022

Former First Minister Arlene Foster for Live XII coverage on GB News

Former First Minister of Northern Ireland Dame Arlene Foster prepares for live coverage of the area’s annual 12th July parade.

B News is set to broadcast live on July 12 from the city of Armagh, where the biggest parade of the year is expected to take place.

This comes after the BBC last week announced it would not offer live coverage this year.

close

Dame Arlene Foster, former First Minister of Northern Ireland (Liam McBurney / PA)

That decision was criticized by the Orange Order, which parades cities and towns in Northern Ireland every 12 July to mark King William’s victory over King James at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690.

Dame Arlene, now a GB News presenter, said she was “incredibly proud of GB News for taking steps to fill the void left by the national broadcaster”.

“One of the reasons I joined GB News was to bring a better understanding of Northern Ireland life and culture to a wider UK audience,” she said.

“GB News stands for the inclusion of all regional voices, and the Orange Parade is the core of our voices in Northern Ireland.”

GB News said it will focus on this year’s biggest Orange Parade, which will take place in Armagh.

video of the day

The Grand Secretary of the Orange Order, Mervyn Gibson, said it was “good news for the people of Northern Ireland, especially those who do not turn up to watch the parade”.

“Those who are stuck at home, those in care homes, they will be able to watch the parade live which is great news for them,” he told the BBC.

He revealed that the announcement was made after consultations between the Orange Order and GB News, a site tour and discussion to choose which parade it would broadcast live.

“The BBC covered Belfast for years and in recent years began to expand to other rural parades, but this year we are going to Armagh and it will be the full Armagh Parade on television,” he said.

close

Grand Secretary of the Orange Order Mervyn Gibson (PA)

Gibson said there was no consultation prior to the BBC’s decision not to provide a live cover of the event this year.

“They imposed it on us, there was no preparation about what we might do in the future, so we had to look at the options ourselves so that it doesn’t really let the BBC off the hook,” he said.

“I think there are a lot of questions to be answered. There is still a lot of anger towards the BBC. I know both they and the Commissioner for Older People have received a lot of complaints and they need to be addressed.

“But this is great news for the Orange Institute and the people of Northern Ireland and those who don’t usually watch the parade.”

He continued: “I think it will be no secret that Dame Arlene will be a champion for this and will be very supportive of it and it has been a great experience for you to speak to the person within GB News and say, Somehow it will be good for the company and will be good for the people of Northern Ireland.”

World Nation News Desk
World Nation News Deskhttps://worldnationnews.com/
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here