The governors of the various entities posted by Morena arrived at the National Palace just before 11 a.m. to attend a meeting led by Interior Secretary Adan Augusto López while President Andres Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) continues his recovery. His third infection of COVID-19. The governors began leaving the compound at 1:30 p.m.
Mexico City’s head of government, Claudia Sheinbaum, as well as Secretary of Security and Civil Protection, Rosa Isela Rodríguez, and Well-Being Ariana Montiel also arrived at the site.
- Sheinbaum and Aden Augusto entered together.
- Some representatives of state welfare programs also gathered.
What issues were discussed in the governor’s meeting?
At the end of the meeting, Aden Augusto reported that safety and welfare programs were discussed. Further, he pointed out that there was no recorded message from the President to the governors.
Which governors attended the meeting with Interior Secretary Aden Augusto at the National Palace?
These leaders reached the National Palace:
- Tlaxcala Governor Lorena Cuellar
- Colima Governor Indira Vizcaino
- Alfonso Durazo, Governor of Sonora
- Salomon Jara, Governor of Oaxaca
- Michoacan Governor Alfredo Ramirez Bedolla
- Tamaulipas Governor Américo Villarreal
- Chiapas Governor Rutilio Escandón
- Marina del Pilar Avila, Governor of Baja California
- Puebla Governor Sergio Solomon Lawn
- Zacatecas Governor David Monreal
- Cuauhtémoc Blanco, Governor of Morelos
- Tabasco Governor Carlos Manuel Merino
- Claudia Sheinbaum, head of government of Mexico City
- José Ricardo Gallardo, Governor of San Luis Potosi
- Victor Castro Cosio, Governor of Baja Sur
- Nayarit Governor Miguel Angel Navarro
- Coutlahuac Garcia, Governor of Veracruz
- Ruben Rocha, Governor of Sinaloa
- Guerrero Governor Evelyn Salgado
- Julio Menchaca, Governor of Hidalgo
- Mara Lejama, Governor of Quintana Roo
- Campeche Governor Leda Sansores
AMLO may resume its activities later this week after the third Covid infection
During the morning briefing from the National Palace, the interior secretary explained that the federal president is still in isolation and recovering.
“He is recovering, with symptoms associated with COVID-19 reducing each day, unfortunately, he was not able to join us today.”