The mayor of Seville, Jose Luis Sanz, considers the night of Halloween “the most dangerous of the year” in the city, above New Year’s Eve. This is what the counselor said in an interview with the COPE network. To avoid incidents like last year, the city will arm the police during the night of October 31, when more than two hundred officers will leave than expected in the usual shift.
Sanz regretted that last year there were only four police patrol cars. Local police for that night, while remembering that the National Police Yes, saw possible incidents and quickly reacted to the action of a gang of minors spreading terror in Los Remedios. To avoid a repeat of this kind (there are also two stabbings in entertainment areas), remove the local police and national police. one hundred agents additional reinforcement.
In other words, that night they will go out into the surrounding streets and find 300 policemen between two bodies. “It will be a very powerful device,” said the councilor at the end of the meeting of the local security board, called precisely to design the security plan for the night of Halloween. The mayor recalled that the city hall has long controlled the parties and that control increased after the nightclub fire in Murcia. These types of events will continue to be reviewed until the evening of the 31st. At the moment, almost thirty parties are being tracked, while the sale of pyrotechnic devices and alcohol to minors will be especially monitored.
Regarding the suspension of the zombie apocalypse, Sanz explained that the company providing the service “can’t guarantee security sometimes.” “It’s a night where we have to expect incidents, and we decided to suspend. It’s a night that lends itself to it because we’re wearing costumes, and so we have to be very careful with security and make sure our children are safe, “said the councilor, who denied that there was any terrorist threat in Seville, not for the night of Halloween or the celebration of the Latin Grammy.