The leader of the Lebanese Shiite group Hezbollah, Hasan Nasrallah, assured this Friday in his first speech since the beginning of the war in Gaza that the operation launched by the militant group Hamas against Israel on October 7 is “100% Palestinian” and denied Iranian involvement in his scheme. He also assured that the invasion operation caused an “earthquake” in Israel and revealed the country’s weakness.
He defended the war against Israel as “legitimate” from a “humanitarian, moral, and religious” point of view and emphasized His group’s actions against Israel on the Lebanese border seem moderate, but they are “very important as they helped keep Israeli forces closer to the Lebanese border than to the Gaza Strip.
“The war against these Zionist conquerors and conquerors is legit from a humanitarian, moral, and religious point of view,” he said in a long-awaited intervention, which was televised live on the relevant channels.
Nasrallah also stated that he does not believe that a potential “victory in Gaza” in the war would mean a victory for Iran, but it is. It can also be positive for many countries in the region. “There are people who say that if Gaza wins, it means the victory of Iran, but the victory for Gaza is a victory for Al Aqsa (the sacred mosque in Jerusalem) and for the neighboring people and state,” he said.
“There must be two goals in mind: the first is to stop the aggression against Gaza, and the second is to support the Palestinian Resistance, especially Hamas,” he explained later.
On the other hand, Nasrallah stated in his speech that Iran has not decided which groups of the informal alliance anti-Israel Islamic Resistance can be involved in the war in Gaza, adding that the decision rests with the leaders of each movement.
“Supported by Iran, but nothing to do with the decision of the Resistance. The decision was made by the leaders of the resistance,” said the head of Hezbollah, one of the main members of the alliance led by Tehran, which may be directly involved in the war.
The silence that Nasrallah has maintained so far has encouraged the fear that Hezbollah will be directly involved in the war in Gaza, and Lebanon has become the second front.
Since October 8, its formation has become the most of severe attack on the Jewish State, which has so far left 50 dead in the ranks of the Shiite formation and more than 30,000 internally displaced people on the Lebanese side alone.
He pointed to the US as “absolutely responsible” for the war in Gaza
In his long-awaited speech, Nasrallah also took the opportunity to teach the United States to be “fully responsible” for the war in Gaza and to position Israel as “just an instrument.”
The main authority of Hezbollah emphasizes that it is “the United States that keeps a ceasefire” and that it also prevents “the enemy from being condemned internationally.” “The US must be held accountable for its crimes, he said, because “he is the main person responsible for all the massacres of the last century and the present century.”
Precisely this Friday, the US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, traveled to Israel, where he met with the country’s leaders and reiterated his support for Israel, calling for “the protection of civilians.”
Hezbollah leader remembers that the “suffering of the Palestinian people.” It dates back 75 years, but it is emphasized that their living conditions have become worse under the government of “brutal” and “extremist” Netanyahu. The Prime Minister of Israel, for his part, rejected this Friday the beginning of a truce if the hostages kidnapped by Hamas are not released first.
After almost a month of offensive, Nasrallah justified the delay in speaking about the war and the situation in Lebanon by defending the importance of the “surprise factor.”