We present all the information, from permits, people to choose from, requirements,, and more.
There are many ways to reach the deer. The issue of visas and permits is very complicated, but there are always different ways to arrange the documents and visit or live in this country.
One of the options is to be able to migrate with the help of a direct family member. To make this a reality, you must consider the process of permanent residence, also known as a green card.
What do we call a visa based on a family relationships?
It should be considered that this process is very important for those who wish to consolidate their immigration and legal residence in the United States. It is even called family reunification.
In the case that a person wants to help a family member, they should be at least a United States citizen, a permanent resident (there is one green card), a refugee admitted as such in the last 2 years, or an asylumee granted asylum in the last 2 years.
Who is eligible to get a visa because of a family relationship?
According to the Citizenship and Immigration Service of Deer (USCIS), the following persons:
- Direct Family Member: The aforementioned category only covers an unlimited number of visas for close relatives of US citizens, in the case of spouses, unmarried children under 21 years of age, and parents.
- Family wants: This category allocates a limited number of visas each year for other family members of US citizens, such as married children or siblings. Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age of legal permanent residents.
What are the requirements?
The sponsor must present Form I-130 Uscis for each relative. It can be sent online or by regular mail. Sign an affidavit of financial support (Form I-864).
Demonstrate an income level of at least 125% above the federal poverty level. The sponsor must provide proof of legal status in the United States, proof of relationship, etc. In cases where they are spouses, it is necessary to prove the authenticity of the marriage.
What is the cost of applying for this Visa?
- USD 535 to file a family petition.
- U$D 1 225 application for Registration of Permanent Residence or Adjustment of Status (U$D 1 140 filing fee and USD 85 through biometric data).
- There are additional costs such as medical examinations and legal fees, but this depends on the state you live in.
- It should be noted that the costs are non-refundable.