Knowing how to change the name on our Apple devices can be very useful in certain situations. So today we want to explain how to do it on the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, and even AirPods. Change the name of your devices quickly and easily.
You might want to rename your devices to make them easier to distinguish when using iCloud or the Find My iPhone app, or to share photos and files via AirDrop. You might also want a little more privacy, and the way to get there is to change the current name of your devices. Whatever the reason, we’ll tell you how to do it.
Why change the name of my Apple devices?
How do I change the name of the iPhone and iPad?
Let’s start with the name change for the iPhone and iPad. The following steps are the same for both devices:
- Open the Settings app and select the General option.
- Then select the “Get Info” option.
- The first option in the menu is Name. Click here to change the device name.
It’s that simple. The same process applies to the iPad to change the device name.
How do I change the name of my Apple Watch?
Changing the name of our Apple Watch is also quite a simple task. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Watch app on the iPhone.
- Select the General: Information: Name option. From there, you can easily change the name of your Apple Watch.
How do I change the AirPod’s name?
Before you change the name of the AirPods, you need to make sure that they are connected to your iPhone or iPad. To change the name, proceed as follows:
- On the iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth
- In the My Devices section, tap the info button “i” for the AirPods you want to rename.
- Now you will see a new menu with more options. Select name and change it. As simple as that.
It is also possible to change the name of your AirPods from Mac. To do this, you need to make sure that the AirPods are connected to your Mac and then follow the steps below:
- On the Mac, go to System Preferences, then Bluetooth
- Once the AirPods appear in the Bluetooth menu, right-click on them and select the “Rename” option.
Depending on which version of macOS you are using, you may need to click the information icon. Once you click on it, a small menu will appear with details about the device. In the Name area, you can quickly and easily change the name of the device.
How do I change my Mac’s name?
Now that we have seen how we can change the name of our iPhone, iPad, AirPods and Apple Watch, we will see how we can also change the name of our Mac. To do this on Mac, go to System Preferences – General – Information – Name. As simple as that.