Less than a week until all SD-quality channels disappear from DTT. It was the first to arrive on the digital terrestrial television grid, offering a resolution called a standard that has long been gone. Specifically, 854 x 480 pixels, the same that is offered in DVD format, gives better results on old CRT televisions than today’s screens, where Full HD (1,920 x 1080 pixels) or higher resolution is the norm. The new standard for DTT will be HD, that is, a resolution of 1,280 x 720 pixels that offers a better viewing experience than SD channels.
What users will find on the 14th is that the current frequencies of the SD channels will be black, and the channels that are not yet HD broadcast will start broadcasting in this format. This is the case of FDF, Divinity, Energy, Boing Neox, Nova, Mega, Ten, Trece, DKISS, Gol Play, DMAX, Disney Channel, and Paramount Network.
Therefore, it is necessary to retune the channels to eliminate the old placement of SD channels on the dial and introduce new ones in HD. We explain how to do it, depending on the television you have. Keep in mind that the steps to follow may vary slightly depending on the model of the television and the version of the operating system.
Tuning Samsung TV channels using Tizen
- On the remote control, press the Home button to go to the Smart Hub home page.
- On the screen, at the far left of the menu, click Settings.
- Within Broadcast, click Automatic Sync.
- Select antenna type: aerial (for DTT).
- Select the channel type: digital or analog.
- Select Search to start an automatic channel search, and tap Close afterwards.
Tune to LG TV channels using WebOS
- On the remote control, press the Settings button.
- On the screen, in the sidebar, find the Channels section, and inside, click on Auto-Tuning.
- Select the source tune, DTT, and press Next.
- Mark Search digital only to tune only digital channels, DTT, and press Start.
- When the tuning is complete, tap Done.
Tune to television channels using Android TV
Televisions from brands such as Sony, Philips, or TD Systems use the Google operating system.
- On the remote control, press the Home button.
- On the screen, look to enter the Android TV Settings section, enter Channel Settings, then Digital Settings, and click the Digital Tuning option.
- Click on Auto Tuning Frequency Range, where it is easy to select the Full option to get more channels.
- To start channel scanning, tap Digital Auto Tuning.
Tune channels on other televisions
If you have a television that does not use any of the operating systems mentioned, the procedure is the same.
- On the remote control, press the Menu, Home, or Settings button. The intention is to go to a section that indicates configuration or installation.
- On the screen, you should find an option called Channel Search, Channel Settings, Tuning, or something that refers to your channels.