The Bank of Venezuela (BDV) offers the possibility of accessing the Mobile Payment System to make interbank transfers in a simple and free way, without having to have cash. If you want to send money to Venezuela via SMS or the BDVenlínea application, here we tell you how to participate in this alternative.
PagoClave is BDV’s mobile payment system that allows transactions to be made between different banking entities, as long as both parties are affiliated with the service of their respective institutions. Signing up is simple and you need a phone that can receive text messages.
How to make a mobile payment in Venezuela by text message (SMS)?
To make a mobile payment (PagoClave) from Banco de Venezuela via text message (SMS), follow these steps:
- Send an SMS message to the number 2661 or 2662.
- The message must contain the word ‘Payment’, followed by a space, and then the following data separated by spaces:
- Bank code (for example, Banco Mercantil is 0105, it matches the first four digits of the destination account).
- Beneficiary’s cell phone number.
- Certificate or passport of the beneficiary.
- The amount to send, including cents separated by commas.
How to make a mobile payment in Venezuela through BDVenlínea?
To make a mobile payment through BDVenlínea, follow these steps:
- Log in to BDV in BDVenlínea people using your username and password.
- Go to the ‘Payments’ section and from the drop-down menu, select ‘PagoClave’ and then ‘Pay people’.
- If the beneficiary is not a partner, select the ‘unregistered payment’ option.
- Enter the destination bank, ID number and phone number of the beneficiary.
- Enter the amount to be deposited (with cents separated by a comma) and select the authentication method (coordinate card or SMS code).
- Enter the payment concept (for example, debt) and click ‘Payment’. Confirm the data and press ‘Confirm’.
- Enter the coordinates or the code sent via SMS, if applicable.
- The system will confirm that the payment is successful. To finish, click ‘Continue’.