Thursday, November 30, 2023

In the US, 17 million households suffer from food insecurity

A report from the federal entity that summarizes the behavior of this indicator last year, determined that food insecurity in 2022 increased to a level not seen since Joe Biden was the vice president of the administration of Barack Obama ( 2009-2017).

The USDA found that 87.2 percent of American households have nothing to worry about, as opposed to the remaining 12.8 percent (about 17 million).

This is the highest level of food insecurity in the country since 2014, that is, refers to families that “have difficulty at some point of the year in providing enough food for all their members due to lack of resources ,” the USDA emphasized. .

The report emphasizes that this situation is due to “a lack of money and other resources that limit their ability to obtain adequate food.”

We suspect the USDA report is a survey from last year.

For some analysts, the numbers could be higher in 2023 because of continued inflation that puts the low and medium levels of trouble.

Many people – they warn – have depleted their personal savings and accumulated insurmountable credit card debt just to make ends meet by just putting food on the table, paying gas and covering housing costs, even the rent or mortgage.

However, President Joe Biden boasts about the positive impact of his economic agenda (Bidenomic) when he listens to employment statistics, but citizens do not trust the bonanzas mentioned by the government.

Even many of Wall Street’s biggest banks are starting to raise alarm bells about the consumer meltdown in the Bidenomic era.

The latest sign of trouble came when it emerged that delinquencies on subprime mortgage loans had reached their highest level in decades.

In contrast, special estimates reveal that a consumer in the United States wastes one pound (450 grams) of food per day, which represents 164.25 kilograms per year per person.

This, on a national scale, translates to 55 million tons or 40 percent of the food produced in a year, which is equivalent to 162 billion dollars.

World Nation News Desk
World Nation News Desk
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news