Every year, thousands of Spaniards face the challenge of preparing for opposition. However, when one considers these types of challenges, they usually do not look outside our borders. And maybe you should, because there you will find unique opportunities, such as applying for positions as European Union administrators.
These objections are not well known in Spain. However, the little fame they have received comes with their impressive salaries. They provide access to positions with a salary of more than 5,000 euros per month. Undoubtedly, we are not easy to find in the current job market.
The European Personnel Selection Office, better known by its acronym EPSO, is the body in charge of coordinating these particular competitions. And they have a different operating system than these tests and exams we usually have in our country. However, today we tell you everything you need to know.
What are the objections of the administrators of the European Union?
The first thing we need to know about this topic is:: what are administrators’ positions in the European Union? As the organization itself explains, these people are responsible for policy formulation, monitoring the application of EU legislation and carrying out analysis and advisory work in specific fields.
These jobs are aimed at highly qualified personnel who require a university degree. In addition, it is important to know when to plan. ally, there are calls almost every year for this kind of place The tests conducted by people applying for these positions analyze the candidates’ skills and abilities without considering specific knowledge.
They describe it as a ‘competence check’. The special portal Teacher D explains that the tests that must be passed to access the tests for European Union administrators are the following:
- Verbal, numerical, or abstract reasoning tests. In this case, there is no cut-off mark, so whoever clears it will pass the written exams.
- Written tests: They contain a question about the knowledge of the European Union itself, the functioning of the political institutions, and the legal system. It also consists of a case study that measures writing abilities and digital competencies.
One of the many advantages of these oppositions is that both tests are conducted online under remote supervision. Thus, candidates will not travel to any center to take the exam. People who obtain the highest qualifications are placed on the reserve lists of the EU institutions.
Then comes the time to pass on the breed interviews before joining the civil service in the European Union. There, the general skills of the candidates will be checked to see if they are suitable for the position. Regarding the requirements requested by the administration, the following can be seen:
- To be a citizen of one of the member states of the European Union.
- within full ownership of civil rights.
- Have a high knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union (this can be Spanish) and a good knowledge of English, French, or German.
- Possess the necessary qualifications. In Grade AD5, a complete cycle of university studies of at least three years is required, such as bachelor’s degrees in technical engineering or equivalent. And, at Grade AD7, they also need 6 years of professional experience relevant to the functions to be performed.