- Advertisement -spot_img
Monday, November 29, 2021

Japan and US conduct first anti-submarine warfare exercise in South China Sea

The Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Forces (JMSDF) and the US Navy have conducted their first-ever joint anti-submarine warfare exercise in the South China Sea, building up their capabilities in the disputed sea where China claims sovereignty over nearly all parts of It.

According to a November MSDF report, two JMSDF destroyers, JS Kaga and JS Murasame, a P-1 naval patrol aircraft and an unnamed submarine, participated in a joint exercise with USS Milius and a P-8A patrol aircraft. 16.

This is the first time that a JSMDF submarine has participated in an anti-submarine exercise with the US Navy in the South China Sea, indicating “a high level of engagement between Japan and the United States,” said MSDF Chief of Staff Hiroshi Yamamura. press briefing on the same day. (Asahi)

“It also represents the deterrence and response capability of the MSDF and the US Navy,” he said.

Three destroyers also took part in another exercise in the South China Sea last week.

Destroyers JSMDF, Kaga and Murasame also made a call at Subic, Philippines, over the weekend before taking part in a joint exercise with the Philippine Navy frigate BRP Jose Rizal in the disputed sea.

The exercises began when Japan stepped up pressure on Beijing over its claims to vast swaths of the South China Sea, despite China’s warnings to Japan and the United States not to interfere in the country’s internal affairs or create a clique against it.

Read Also:  The U.S. and U.K. will help Australian submarines achieve nuclear power

“China has no problem developing a normal bilateral relationship between the United States and Japan, but this relationship should promote mutual understanding and trust among the countries of the region, peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific region, and should not target any third party. or undermine the interests of third parties, ”Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said in a daily briefing on April 16.

China is increasing its presence in the South China Sea, turning islands into military bases and thus forcing other countries such as Japan, the United States, Britain, Canada and France to deploy ships to keep Beijing under control. (Asia Times)

The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague dismissed Beijing’s claims over most of the South China Sea in 2016 in favor of the Philippines and other countries in the region. He ruled that China’s claims were groundless. (The Epoch Times)

However, the verdict had little effect on China’s behavior, as Beijing refuses to abide by it. The resulting territorial disputes continue, and Beijing continues to defend its claims to vast stretches of sea through its so-called “nine-point line,” which includes the reef.

Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam have competing claims with China.

To follow

World Nation News Deskhttps://www.worldnationnews.com
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply