Chilean singer-songwriter Javiera Mena will be one of the highlights of the 27th edition of the Lemon Pop Festival, taking place in Murcia from September 6th to 9th. A festival that brings forward its date compared to the previous edition, which started on September 28th and which, as announced this Monday at the presentation of the event, was communicated by the Councilor for Culture, Diego Avilés, the programmer and director of Espectáculos Faro, Rafael Gómez-Vizcano, and Estrella de Levante communications director, Yayo Delgado, will inaugurate a new stage in the Teniente Flomesta garden next to the Murcia Food Garden area with concerts from Wednesday to Saturday.
The performances are all free and start on Wednesday at Teniente Flomesta with Nacho Para & Friends. The singer presents his first solo work after three albums with the Cartagena-Almeria rock group Bantastic Fand. “No tickets in the clouds” is the name of his new work, in which he explores a more intimate terrain.
On Thursday, it’s Huracán and Dana’s turn, that is, Miguel Baón and Inma Alcázar, who released the album “Sirius” together. For their part, on Friday they will play the Mediapunta from Zaragoza, and on Saturday they will perform in Alexander Square.
- Nacho Para & Friends Lieutenant Flomesta Garden Wednesday, June 6th, 10:00 p.m
- Hurricane and Dana Lieutenant Flomesta Garden Thursday, July 7th, 10:00 p.m
- half point. Lieutenant Flomesta Garden Friday, August 8th, 6:00 p.m
- Alexanderplatz. Lieutenant Flomesta Garden Saturday, September 9th, 6:00 p.m
- Fernando Rubio and the inner demons, dog, and airbag Fofo Park. Friday, August 8th, 8:30 p.m. (doors open at 8:00 p.m.).
- Fine Oyonarte, Crudo Pimento, and Javiera Mena Fofo Park. Saturday, 9th, 8.30 p.m. (doors open at 8 p.m.).
- Veneziola (acoustic) and Murciano Total DJ Crazy vintage. Saturday, September 9th, From 12:30 p.m
The performance of Fernando Rubio & The Inner Demons will take place on Friday at the Parque Fofó Auditorium. The Cartagena native will be presenting his latest album, Second Century. Next up will be the rock trio Airbag from Estepona (Málaga), and the group Perro will close this first major concert, returning to Murcia for the 10th anniversary of the release of their first two albums: “Tiene cod, tiene melody” and “Singles from Brazil ‘.
Javiera Mena will perform on the same stage on Saturday. The Chilean artist released her fifth studio album “Nocturna” in 2022, a work of synthesized pop with lots of energy and steeped in inner clichés like shadows, vices, and meaninglessness, with room for more “chill”. Songs inspired by the soft pop lines of 90’s classics like Sade, George Michael, or Lisa Stansfield
Before his concert on Saturday, Fino Oyonarte, known for his work as a producer and member of Los Enemigos, will perform, and Crudo Pimento from Murcia, the band of Ral Frutos and Inma Gómez, who create their music with homemade instruments, will continue.