- Advertisement -spot_img
Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Judge dismisses state charges of possession of arms against two Guatemalans accused of planning a mass attack in the United States (and thus their case)

A judge in Richmond, Virginia, United States, last Wednesday dismissed federal charges against Julio Alvarado Dubon, 52, and Rollman Alberto Barcarcel, 38, of possession of firearms, which the police charged with independence from the United States. Day was accused of planning a large-scale attack. on the 4th of July.

According to United States media reports, the judge dismissed the charges of possessing weapons against the two Guatemalans and also noted that none of them has been specifically charged with planning a mass shooting, on behalf of which The police signaled

News reports suggest that last month Julio Alvarado Dubon and rollman Alberto Barcarcel were charged with possession of a firearm by a non-US citizen.

Last Wednesday, Richmond Commonwealth lawyer Colette McEachin said her office had asked federal officials to handle the case in which the two Guatemalans are accused.

According to media reports, the lawyer said, “These are two illegal immigrants who have weapons, so we wanted them to be prosecuted at the highest level.”

An affidavit filed in support of the criminal complaint against Alvarado Dubon said that he last entered the US in 2014 and had lived for more than seven years after his visa.

The Guatemalan lawyer commented that his client could be tried this Friday.

Barcarcel was charged with illegally entering the United States in a federal criminal complaint. The affidavit, written by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent, said he had previously been deported twice, in 2013 and 2014, and re-entered the US illegally.

During a hearing last Wednesday in Richmond General District Court, Judge David Hicks asked a state prosecutor whether there was any evidence that the mass shooting was planned for Dogwood Dale, the location where police reported the day of the shooting. was given. , but Deputy Commonwealth Attorney Clint Seal said there was evidence of a planned shooting, but not at a specific location.

No details about the alleged plan of mass attack or documents filed in state or federal court have been included in the case, and police have not disclosed any motives.

World Nation News Desk
World Nation News Deskhttps://worldnationnews.com/
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here