Loop. At least 200 people were killed in an Israeli attack on the Al Fakhura school in the Jabaliya refugee camp, north of Gaza, the Al Jazeera television network reported, based on reports from the Ministry of Health of Hamas. So far, more than 80 deaths have been reported.
The attack took place “at dawn, at the Al Fakhura school”, which is run by the United Nations and houses displaced people, a ministry official told AFP.
Images circulating on social media showed bodies, some covered in blood, others in dust, on the floors of the building, where mattresses were placed under students’ desks.
Another bombing of a building in the same camp on Saturday left 32 members of the same family dead, 19 of them children, the Health Ministry official said.
In early November, the Hamas government announced that more than 200 people had been killed and hundreds wounded in Israel’s shelling of Jabaliya, in attacks spread over three days.
This is the largest camp in the Gaza Strip, where more than 80% of the residents are refugees or descendants of refugees who left their homes in 1948 with the creation of the State of Israel.
A family of 32 members died after the bombing
The Hamas Health Ministry announced on Saturday the death of 32 members of the same family, including 19 children, in an Israeli attack on their home in the Jabaliya refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip.
The Ministry published a list containing the names of 32 members of the Abu Habal family who died in that attack after reporting that another bombing in the same field caused at least 50 deaths in a school run by the UN where the displaced took refuge.
The UN has condemned the bombing of schools in Gaza
The head of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees (Unrwa) condemned this Saturday the “terrible” bombing against schools inhabited by displaced people in Gaza, where an official of the Hamas Health Ministry reported at least 50 who died.
“We have received terrible images of many dead and wounded, once again in a school in Unrwa that houses thousands of displaced people in the northern Gaza Strip,” wrote Philippe Lazzarini of the X network. “These attacks… must stop. A humanitarian ceasefire cannot wait,” he added.