What do you do if you accidentally throw a stimulus check in the trash? Currently, people in California have received various letters from tax agencies and, in some cases, have chosen to reject them for fear of seeing the debt they have outside. Therefore, sometimes a great opportunity to have this important benefit in your hands is lost. Below, we will give you guidelines to identify them.
We are human and sometimes we make mistakes and the citizens of California know this very well, who sometimes make the mistake of throwing away important documents or state fees that come in a sealed envelope containing the document from which they collect money.
That’s why Californians pay more attention to the envelopes that arrive at their doorsteps. It should be noted, according to Solodinero, that the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) stated, at the end of September, that 5 thousand cards (checks) are pending to be sent.
It should be noted that September 30 is the last day that stimulus checks are sent to California beneficiaries. However, according to the aforementioned media, the sending of that money may take until October 15.
What is the reason? This is because some payments may take longer to reach your beneficiaries.
So that people do not end up throwing the stimulus check with a certain amount of money, we give you some recommendations to keep in mind before making the fatal decision to throw it without first watching.
Pay attention to these details:
- White envelope: Cards with stimulus check money are always sent in a white envelope.
- Sender: The white envelope shows the initials FTB, located at the sender, as well as an address in Omaha (Nebraska).
- Look for the cards: inside the envelope are one or two cards from the beneficiary. Everything depends on whether the person is single, has a family, is a widow, etc.
- White cards: There is no other color for money cards other than white. In addition, they have 16 numbers.
- The California State Seal: Another important detail is that the card carries the California State Seal.
- Exact amount of money: People should remember that the money on the card, and registered on it, is up to $1,050. It should be noted that the amount may vary.
NOTE: Remember that to get the cash you must first activate the card that comes in the envelope.
If you haven’t received your California Middle Class Tax Refund yet, it can come in two ways. The California Tax Board (FTB) indicated that pending payments will be made, at the latest, between the end of September and the first week of October 2023.
The check can reach you in two ways:
- Direct Deposit: The account where you receive your refunds.
- Debit cards: These are sent by mail, so keep an eye on your mailbox.
HOW MUCH ARE STIMULUS CHECKS IN CALIFORNIA?
According to the California Franchise Tax Board, the amount depends on your Adjusted Gross income and whether you have dependents.
- If the declaration is US$150,000 or less: they deliver US$700 and US$1050 (with dependent).
- If the declaration is US$1,150,001 to US$1,250,000: they will deliver US$500 and US$750 (with the dependent).
- If the declaration is US$1,250,001 to US$1,500,000: they deliver US$400 and US$650 (with the dependent).
Head of household or surviving spouse
- If the declaration is US$150,000 or less: they deliver US$350 and US$700 (with dependent).
- If the declaration is US$1,150,001 to US$1,250,000: they will deliver US$250 and US$500 (with the dependent).