Liam gallagher gets his fifth solo number 1 with the live album “Knebworth 22”, harking back to other hits like As You Were (2017), Why Me? Why Not (2019), MTV Unplugged (2020) and C’mon You Know (2022). As a member of Oasis, Liam also has eight other #1 albums to his credit. “Knebworth 22“was the best-selling album of the week on vinyl and also the most digitally downloaded album over the last seven days.
The Swedish rockers for their part The hives celebrate their biggest UK hit of all time, their sixth album.The death of Randy Fitzsimmons, debuted at number 2 on the official album charts. The album was also a bestseller in independent stores.
Complete the electronics duo’s top 3 jungle with their fourth studio album “volcano‘, continuing his uninterrupted streak of top 10 hits on UK soil.
Aside from that, Taylor Swift manages to place three of his albums in the top 10 this week, underscoring the rise of the original album.1989‘ to 5 after the announcement of the upcoming release of the re-recorded version. Specifically, the artist managed to place eight of her albums in the top 40 this week.
1. (E) Liam Gallagher – Knebworth 22
2. (E) The Hives – The death of Randy Fitzsimmons
3. (E) JUNGLE – Volcano
4. (3) Travis Scott – Utopia
5. (11)Taylor Swift—1989
6. (7) The Weeknd – The Highlights
7. (8) Taylor Swift – Midnight
8. (10) Taylor Swift – Speak Now (Taylor’s version)
9. (E) Fredo – Unfinished business
10. (E) David Bowie – Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders BSO
1. (2) Billie Eilish – What I was made for
2. (3) Dua Lipa – Dance The Night (from Barbie The Album)
3. (4) Olivia Rodrigo – Vampire
4. (7) Taylor Swift – Cruel Summer
5. (6) Peggy Gou – (It Goes Like) Nanana
6. (E) Olivia Rodrigo – Bad idea huh?
7. (5) Nicki Minaj / Ice Spice / Aqua – Barbie World (from Barbie The Album)
8. (9) Becky Hill / Chase & Status – Disconnect
9. (12) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Desire
1.(1) Dave & Central Cee—Sprinters
The single’sprinter‘ from dave j Central Cee loses number 1 after topping the UK Singles Chart for two straight months after being hit by the Official Charts organization’s strict rules, which penalize the score of songs that progressively lose popularity after ten weeks on the chart .
Instead, the song climbed to the top of the official singles chart “What was I made for” from Billie Eilish for the soundtrack of ‘Barbie‘ after an uphill race in the last five weeks. It is the second number 1 for the young American singer after the film of the same name “No time to die”. Billie’s song has a total of 45,400 copies, including 7,700 physical units in pink cassette format.
Also in the top 10 are two other songs from the “Barbie” soundtrack, the hit ““Dance the Night” from Dua Lipawhich goes up to 2, and ‘barbie world‘ from Nicki Minaj, Ice Spice j Aqua in the 7th
The most outstanding contribution of the week is again the new single by Olivia Rodrigo’bad idea right?‘, which debuts at No. 6 and becomes her sixth UK Top 10 hit. It’s also a historic week in the singles charts, as it marks the first time in 70 years that the top six has been occupied exclusively by female artists.
If you would like more information on last week’s additions and positions, you can view all of the listings on the web at www.officialcharts.com