San Clemente, Calif.—Family and friends of 60-year-old Scott Carsten, who went missing last October, conducted a search at a local circle of K. on December 21, looking for any clues or evidence to find their loved one. and organized rescue teams.
Scott’s father, Harry Carsten, told The Epoch Times, “A 60-year-old doesn’t go missing.” “As a father, I am at a complete loss.”
After a week of no contact, the family reported Carsten missing on October 29. According to the family, they were last seen at Walmart on Pico Avenue and nearby gas stations.
Carsten’s father said that his son never went two days without a phone call.
The last time he had any contact, he said, was on October 23, when he said he received a voicemail from his son from an unfamiliar number that said, “He was being followed and set up.” Had been.”
According to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department, Carsten is believed to be without a car, wallet or cell phone.
Initially, the department posted a photo on Twitter on November 2, alerting the community of a “gravely missing person”.
However, it mistakenly posted the picture of another person.
After weeks of notifying officers of their error, the Sheriff’s Department finally revised the November 18 tweet.
Carsten’s daughter Tracy Lee told The Epoch Times, “The fact that the police had the wrong picture of the wrong person for three weeks was walking around looking for him.”
Lee said she has checked local hospitals, prisons and morgues, but has not been able to match Carsten’s identity – which she said is “a good sign.”
The family has offered a $25,000 reward to anyone who helps locate Carsten.
Anyone with information should call Tracy Lee at (925) 727-5537; Email him at Tkl.email@example.com or contact Orange County Crime Stoppers: 1 (855) TIP-OCCS.
“In my heart, I believe he is alive,” said Carsten’s father. “My intuition tells me he’s alive.”