- Advertisement -spot_img
Wednesday, August 17, 2022

‘Love is Blind’ contestant forced to film drunk, deprived of food, water: Lawsuit – National | World Nation News

A contestant on Netflix’s second season love is blind The reality series is suing the show over what it claims is “inhumane working conditions”.

Jeremy Hartwell is suing Netflix and production company Kinetic Content, claiming he and other contestants were forced to work 20 hours a day and denied enough water and food, along with alcohol. They also claim that the artists were not given proper salaries.

In an interview with CNN, Hartwell said that the cast were “basically locked in the room” for 24 hours straight when they arrived on set, and that snacks and water were only taken out after waiting hours. However, he said, alcohol was always available and the makers encouraged the contestants to drink it on an empty stomach.

Story continues below ad

Hartwell stated in his complaint, “The combination of sleep deprivation, isolation, food scarcity, and alcohol excess, either necessary, enabled, or encouraged by the defendants, resulted in inhumane working conditions and altered mental status for the artists.” has contributed.” by people.

Read more:

Joe Rogan says Canada is ‘communist’, calls Justin Trudeau a ‘sketchy man’

“Occasionally, defendants would leave cast members alone for hours at a time, unless they had access to phones, food, or any other form of contact with the outside world, until they were allowed to work on the production. No need to go back to do it.”

love is blind Contestants, 15 men and 15 women, each play outside their own isolation rooms and are paired with contestants in other rooms. Through a series of conversations, they find out if they have an affair with another player and, in some cases, become engaged and even married to another player.

A photo of a ‘Pods’ contestant working out on the sets of ‘Love is Blind’.

Netflix

Hartwell says that from the time the contestants boarded their flights to Los Angeles, production was largely involved.

Story continues below ad

“We were constantly told not to talk to each other, not to talk about things while we waited for people to finish their bags and take them to the shuttle,” he said.

Jeremy Hartwell, who appeared in Season 2 of ‘Love is Blind’, has filed a lawsuit against Netflix and the producers of the series.

Ser Bafo / Netflix

The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, claims that the contestants should have been treated as employees rather than independent contractors under state law, as the producers were all decision-makers about how long the cast worked and How was the filming done?


Click to play video:







‘Love is Blind’ reunion highlights


‘Love is Blind’ reunion highlights – March 6, 2020

Hartwell is seeking unpaid wages and compensation for working overtime and missing meal breaks and rest periods. He is also demanding class-action status on behalf of all the contestants of the show.

Story continues below ad

He addressed the lawsuit on his Instagram feed last week, posting a video to thank others love is blind alum who has reached out to him to “verify the accounts of the complaint in an abusive environment”.

Kinetic Materials responded to the lawsuit, telling Variety that the allegations have “absolutely no merit”.

Hartwell’s participation in “Mr. Season 2” love is blind Lasted less than a week. Unfortunately for Mr. Hartwell, his journey quickly ended after he failed to develop a significant relationship with another participant.

Read more:

After 2 years in coma, American woman wakes up, brother’s name as attacker

Story continues below ad

“While we would not speculate about his motives for filing the lawsuit, Mr. Hartwell’s allegations have no merit, and we will vigorously defend against his claims.”

In the lawsuit, Hartwell also alleged that the artists were paid a flat rate of US$1,000 per week, even though they worked up to 20 hours per day, seven days a week.

As Business Insider reports, Hartwell didn’t last long on the season — he only appeared in the show’s final cut — but another contestant, Danielle Ruhl, also talked about misrepresenting him in Season 2.

“I begged not to be filmed during this sensitive situation,” Ruhl wrote on Instagram in February, talking about how she asked producers not to film her during a panic attack, but they Did it anyway.

Story continues below ad

“Nick (Ruhl’s husband, whom she married after meeting on the show) and I begged to leave once we found out how filming worked. That’s how I was represented on TV. is not an accurate representation of who I am as a person.”

In another Instagram story, Ruhl said “there were two days when they stopped giving us food and water,” and “what you see is that many ppl are being tortured to fit a preconceived narrative.” being done.”

Read more:

Tips to Avoid the Chaos of Summer Travel in Canada’s Airports

Chantal Peyton, attorney for Peyton Employment Law, the L.A.-based firm representing Hartwell, told NBC News in a statement that the show’s producers “deliberately underpaid the cast, deprived them of food, water and sleep, made them drink alcohol.” and cut off their access to personal contacts and most of the outside world. This made artists hungry for social interactions and altered their emotions and decision-making.”

Story continues below ad

Netflix has yet to respond to the lawsuit or Hartwell’s claims.

© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

World Nation News Desk
World Nation News Deskhttps://worldnationnews.com/
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here