- Advertisement -spot_img
Saturday, December 4, 2021

Macron: France killed the leader of the Islamic State in the Greater Sahara

September 15 (WNN)—— French President Macron said on Wednesday night that the French army had killed the leader of the Islamic State in the Greater Sahara.

Macron Tweet His army “eliminated” Adnan Abu Walid al-Sahrawi, the leader of the Islamic State organization, which was accused of launching attacks in Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger, killing hundreds of civilians because the terrorist organization spread across Africa .

“This is another major success in our fight against terrorist organizations in the Sahel,” Macron said, but did not mention when or where the Saharawi was killed.

According to the International Security and Cooperation Center of Stanford University, al-Sahrawi left Al-Mourabitoun, a radical jihadist organization in Africa, and established an organization affiliated with IS, which was recognized by IS in October 2016.

A year later, the organization launched an attack on a squad of the U.S. Army Special Forces in Niger, killing four American soldiers.

According to the New York Times at the time, Saharawi said in a statement in January 2018: “We declare responsibility for the attack on the US commando in Tongo Tongo, Niger, in October last year.”

Read Also:  Trevor Loudon: Finish the CCP or we have to fight for survival

In August last year, IS organized an attack in Niger, killing at least 8 people, including 6 French charity workers.

The United Nations stated in August that in this year alone, ISGS “killed hundreds of civilians” in Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger.

Macron said: “This country is missing all the heroes, families who lost loved ones, and all the wounded in the Sahel during Operation Serval and Balkans for France tonight.” “Their sacrifices were not in vain. With our Africa. Together with European and American partners, we will continue this struggle.”

A few months ago, Macron announced that France’s eight-year anti-terrorism operation in the Sahel will end in February next year.

According to the French Ministry of Defense, the operation is to “ensure that partner countries have the ability to independently ensure their security.”

As part of last year’s operation, there were 5,100 French soldiers fighting in Africa, and they performed 128 combat missions.

.

World Nation News Deskhttps://www.worldnationnews.com
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply